Jennifer Ann McDaniel
Norton Rose Fulbright US LLP
Jennifer Ann McDanielvCard
Related services and key industries
Jennifer McDaniel is counsel in the Norton Rose Fulbright Healthcare Transactions Group. She has broad health care transactions, regulatory and operational experience. Jennifer maintains a particular focus on graduate medical education (GME) matters, assisting institutions and GME programs through the Accreditation Council on Gradudate Medical Education (ACGME) accreditation and site visit process, including by conducting GME policy reviews and audits and counseling clients on compliance with ACGME Requirements.
In addition to GME matters, Jennifer regularly assists health care clients with state licensing and state and federal enrollment and reimbursement matters. She has experience with state contracting issues, in both the health care and child welfare areas.
Prior to re-joining the firm as counsel in 2018, Jennifer served as in-house counsel at a pediatric non-profit hospital where she supported the hospital on contractual matters and provided counsel on Medicare and Medicaid enrollment, privacy and security and regulatory compliance issues. She has worked as an attorney advisor with the US Office of Medicare Hearings and Appeals (OMHA) in Irvine, California and has assisted clients through the Medicare appeals process.
JD, magna cum laude, University of Illinois, 2000
BA, cum laude, Political Science, Truman State University, 1996
Jennifer was admitted to practice in Illinois (inactive) in 2000 and in Texas in 2003.
- Texas State Bar
- Assuming responsibility for health care transactions requiring preparation of operating agreements, management agreements and other contractual forms and documents.
- Audit, review and update the GME policies and procedures of large academic medical center and its participating sites.
- Preparing collaborative research agreements, material transfer agreements, and clinical registry terms and materials.
- Evaluating and providing guidance of Medicare reimbursement matters.
- Providing guidance on licensing and change of ownership issues.
- Advising clients on rules and regulations governing non-profit organizations.
- Managing organizations of business entities, including for-profit corporations, not-for-profit corporations and limited liability companies.
- American Health Lawyers Association
- State Bar of Texas - Health Law Section
- Dallas Bar Association - Health Law Section