Sonia H. Lee
Norton Rose Fulbright US LLP
Sonia H. LeevCard
Related services and key industries
Sonia Lee is a Senior Associate in the Firm's New York office. Sonia primarily represents companies in the life sciences, healthcare, and energy industries in product liability, mass tort, class action, and complex commercial litigation. She handles all phases of litigation, including pleadings, fact and expert discovery, dispositive motion practice, and trial preparation.
JD, Rutgers School of Law - Newark, 2011
BA, magna cum laude, Sociology, George Washington University, 2008
While in law school, Sonia was a member of the Rutgers Law Review and the Rutgers Moot Court Board.
- New York State Bar
Pharmaceutical and Medical Devices:
- Defense of international pharmaceutical company in multidistrict mass tort litigation involving proton pump inhibitors.
- Defense of international medical device company in multidistrict female pelvic mesh litigation.
- Defense of international pharmaceutical and medical device company in multidistrict mass tort litigation involving antipsychotic medication.
Environmental and Toxic Torts:
- Defense of international petroleum company against alleged violation of New York Navigation Law.
- Defense of international petroleum company in multidistrict methyl tert-butyl ether product liability litigation alleging groundwater contamination and natural resource damages.
- Defense of valve manufacturer alleging personal injury from asbestos exposure.
- Defense of airline in COVID-19 airfare refund putative class actions.
- Defense of entertainment company in putative privacy class actions alleging violations of the Fair and Accurate Credit Transactions Act.
- Defense of Canadian biotechnology company and manufacturer of robotic aseptic filling machine against breach of contract claims brought by Taiwanese active pharmaceuticals ingredients manufacturer before the International Centre for Dispute Resolution.
- Co-author, "Will the Trump Administration Take US-EU Data Protection Disputes to the WTO?," New York Law Journal, February 14, 2017
- Co-author, "No Sweet Talk," Cultivate - Food and agribusiness newsletter, January 2017
- Co-author, "A Need for Additional Clarity in Medical Monitoring," New York Law Journal, May 23, 2016