Norton Rose Fulbright US LLP
Related services and key industries
- Bankruptcy, financial restructuring and insolvency
- Public and government finance
- Banking and finance
Eric's municipal finance experience includes acting as bond counsel and underwriter's counsel to states, cities, counties and special districts throughout the country, and as counsel to banks and other financial institutions on the issuance of credit support instruments for such transactions.
Eric has been at the forefront of the development of the securitization of municipal or statutorily created assets, including securitization of stranded costs, hurricane recovery costs, rate stabilization costs and environmental recovery costs for investor-owned utilities, PACE loan securitizations and tobacco securitizations.
He has also been active in advising on municipal restructurings and Chapter 9 bankruptcies, including bankruptcy proceedings in Detroit, Stockton, and San Bernardino.
Eric has special experience in the financing of electric utility, airport, port and other transportation, water and sewer, and resource recovery projects. He has also advised States and municipalities on the privatization of such facilities. Eric also has extensive experience in financings for non-profits, including colleges, universities, health care systems and other institutions.
Eric is a frequent lecturer to the municipal bond industry and has been recognized each year in The Best Lawyers in America in Public Finance Law from 2008-2021.
JD, New York University School of Law, 1975
BS, BA, University of Pennsylvania, 1972
- California State Bar
- Legal 500, recommended lawyer, Finance - Structured finance: securitization, The Legal 500, 2018, 2021
- Client Service All-Star, BTI Consulting Group Inc., 2017
- Lawyer of the Year, The Best Lawyers in America, Best Lawyers, 2020
- The Best Lawyers in America, Public Finance, Best Lawyers, 2008-2021
- National Association of Bond Lawyers