Tomas Enrique Alarcon
Norton Rose Fulbright US LLP
Related services and key industries
Key industry sectors
Tomas Alarcon is counsel in Norton Rose Fulbright's Dallas office.
A Laredo, Texas native, Tomas is a skilled litigator with experience on both sides of the bar. His practice focuses on business torts and high-stakes personal injury defense. Tomas has particular experience conducting investigations, identifying potentially problematic issues before they develop, and finding litigation strategies that are designed to maximize dispute resolution while preparing the matter for trial.
When he's not working, Tomas enjoys the outdoors and spending time in with his family. He also enjoys jokingly telling his physician wife that lawyers are more important than medical professionals.
JD, magna cum laude, Southern University Law Center
BA, Psychology, University of Texas at Austin
In law school, Tomas was a teaching assistant in Contracts, Sales and Leases, and Criminal Law. Additionally,Tomas was a summer clerk for the Hon. Fredericka Wicker at the Louisiana Fifth Circuit Court of Appeal.
Tomas is a trained criminal investigator—having completed the Criminal Investigation Training Program and Immigration and Customs Enforcement Special Agent Training at the Federal Law Enforcement Training Center in Glynco, Georgia.
- Texas State Bar
- After a med-mal plaintiff failed to serve an expert report, he successfully moved to dismiss his client and collected $1,400 in attorney's fees from the plaintiff. (Jan. 2020)
- Retained by the excess insurer to appear as co-counsel in two separately filed but related suits and quickly modified the litigation strategy to force combining the two suits. (Dec. 2019)
- Effectively convinced a pro se plaintiff to voluntarily dismiss his clients because they were not related to the litigation. (Oct. 2019)
- Successfully argued to prevent the deposition of his client, a non-party insurance agent, in a potential failure to procure insurance coverage action. (June 2019)
- Negotiated a settlement for pennies on the dollar while ensuring his client was not impleaded as a third-party defendant. (March 2019)
- Prevented the enforcement of a defective subpoena against a non-party in a breach of contract case. (March 2019)
- Took control of a dormant DTPA/insurance code lawsuit on the verge of dismissal for failure to state a claim and secured a very favorable settlement less than a year later. (April 2018)
- Federal procedure motion practice commended by opposing counsel after successfully arguing to strike opponent's affirmative defenses for being untimely pled. (May 2017)
- Two jury trials (one settled after voir dire).
- Considerable discovery motion practice and hearing experience before state and federal district courts across Texas. (on-going)
- Serves as defense counsel to commercial fleet operators and commercial carriers in wrongful death and personal injury actions. (on-going)
- Serves a co-monitoring counsel in multi-party commercial disputes involving oil and gas explosions and firearms sales litigation. (on-going)
- State Bar of Texas, and member of the Litigation Section and Antitrust and Business Litigation Section
- Dallas Bar Association
Tomas believes in giving back to his community, volunteering for the Dallas Volunteer Attorney Program, as a mock trial judge, and DISD Career Day speaker, as his schedule allows.