Arthur P. Licygiewicz
Norton Rose Fulbright US LLP
Related services and key industries
- Intellectual property
- IP enforcement
- Litigation and disputes
- Post-grant patent proceedings
- Tech sector
Key industry sectors
Art Licygiewicz is a Partner in the firm's Intellectual Property practice group focusing on high stakes patent and technology matters. Whether enforcing a client's patent rights, defending a client against patent infringement claims, negotiating a license agreement or counseling a client on intellectual property related issues, Art is recognized by clients as a trusted advisor and highly skilled advocate.
During his career, Art has served as first chair in patent infringement matters throughout the country. He also has considerable experience handling patent infringement matters before the International Trade Commission. In addition, Art draws on his experience as a litigator when leading negotiations in intellectual property related transactions, including software licenses, joint development agreements, the protection and acquisition of intellectual property rights in M&A transactions and in other matters involving the transfer, protection and sharing of intellectual property rights.
He has extensive experience with electrical, mechanical and computer-related technologies, and in particular with light emitting diode based lighting and controls; semiconductors; semiconductor circuitry and packaging; imaging; software; computer networking; data transfer; internet systems, protocols, web pages and related technologies; error correction algorithms; encryption; sensors; adaptive sound controls; control systems; liquid crystal displays and medical devices.
Art is admitted to the United States District Courts for the Northern District of Ohio, Southern District of Ohio. Eastern District of Michigan, Western District of Michigan, District of Colorado, and Eastern District of Texas; the United States Courts of Appeals for the Fifth, Sixth, and Federal Circuits; and the U.S. Supreme Court.
- JD, magna cum laude, Syracuse University College of Law, 1997
- BS, University of Notre Dame, 1993
- Ohio State Bar
- Texas State Bar
- "Licensing with an Eye Towards Litigation," IPO Corporate IP Management Committee, Washington D.C., June 2016
- "New, Lower Cost Methods of Patent Challenges: Challenging a Patent Before the PTAB – Patent Review Actions to Knock Out a Competitor's Patent" – Columbus, Ohio, October 2014
- "Litigating Trade Secret Claims in Ohio," Cleveland, Ohio, October 2006
- "The Seven W's of Due Diligence," 3rd Annual Science, Business and Technology Conference, University of Waterloo, Waterloo, Ontario, Canada, January 1997
- Member, Texas State Bar Association
- Member American Intellectual Property Law Association
- Intellectual Property Owners Association - Patent Litigation and Remedies Committee
- Notre Dame Lawyers Alumni Committee, former executive board member
- The Legal Aid Society of Cleveland, legal clinic volunteer attorney
- Ohio High School Mock Trial Competition, volunteer judicial panelist
- Cleveland Municipal Court/Cleveland Metropolitan Bar Association Mock Trial Competition, volunteer judicial panelist