Norton Rose Fulbright US LLP
Related services and key industries
Key industry sectors
Michael Berthiaume is an associate in the Dallas office. Michael's practice focuses on complex financial restructurings both in and out of court, representing clients from a broad range of industries through all phases of a bankruptcy case. Since joining the firm, Michael has represented all parties including corporate debtors, secured creditors, DIP lenders, creditors' and ad hoc committees, and trustees.
Prior to joining the firm, Michael clerked for the Honorable Mark X. Mullin in the United States Bankruptcy Court for the Northern District of Texas.
Professional experienceExpand all Collapse all
JD, magna cum laude, Mercer University School of Law, 2019
BS, Florida State University, 2015
- New Jersey State Bar
- Texas State Bar
- Representing the Coordinating Committee of Secured Lenders and the Agent in connection with the cross-border pre-negotiated Chapter 11 restructuring of a UK based offshore oil and gas service vessel provider
- Representation of major creditor in the sale of international energy assets through a Chapter 11 restructuring process.
- Representation of a senior secured lender in a high profile mass tort restructuring proceeding.
- Representation of a multi-national steel conglomerate in international insolvency proceedings.
- Representation of Chapter 7 trustee in multi-million dollar fraudulent conveyance action.
- Co-Author, "When is a Cayman Islands Liquidation not a foreign proceeding?" Global Restructuring Review (February 14, 2023).
- Co-Author, "2022 Brings Continued Disagreement among US Courts as to the Validity of Third Party Releases in US Chapter 11 Plans" International Restructuring Newswire (October 2022).
- Author, "Proposed Legislation May Trip-Up International Bankruptcy Filings in the United States" International Restructuring NewsWire (October 2021).
- Author, "Virtual Hearings may be the New Kids on the Block, but your evidence better be The Right Stuff," ABI Journal, November 2020
- Author, "First Rock to the West, Straight on 'til Morning: WestRock draws Potential Roadmap to Substantive Challenges of ERISA Rehabilitation Plans," Mercer Law Review, 2018
- "Presentation of Evidence in Virtual Hearings," Webinar, Dallas Bar Association, October 2020.
- DFW Association of Young Bankruptcy Lawyers: Mentorship Chairman.
- John C. Ford Inn of Court
- Bass Performance Hall: Young Patrons Club
- The Fort Worth Club