Norton Rose Fulbright US LLP
Related services and key industries
Key industry sectors
Jeremy Tripp is a projects associate in the Houston office. His practice focuses on project development, mergers and acquisitions and joint ventures. He has significant experience working with both conventional and renewable energy project developers, including wind, solar, battery storage, LNG and infrastructure (including ports, pipelines and rail), and with mergers and acquisitions in the conventional and renewable energy space.
JD, summa cum laude, Washington University School of Law, 2016
BA, History, Duke University, 2013
- Texas State Bar
Battery Energy Storage
- Represented utility scale solar + storage developer in the negotiation of build-transfer agreements with utility for solar + storage projects including 600 MWs of solar PV system and 480 MWs of battery storage, including negotiating forms of battery energy storage system procurement and long term service agreements, photovoltaic module supply agreement, operations and maintenance agreement.
- Represented Key Capture Energy on procurement and long term maintenance of battery energy storage equipment for 380 MWs of battery energy storage projects in New York and Texas.
- Represented Convergent Energy + Power on development of three small scale grid stabilization battery energy storage projects in New York, including battery energy storage procurement and long term service agreements and balance of plant construction agreements.
- Represented Convergent Energy in negotiation of engineering, procurement and construction agreements with CS Energy for the provision of balance of plant construction with respect to three battery storage projects in New York.
- Represented Broad Reach Power on the development of in excess of 1,450 MW of battery energy storage projects in Texas and California, including battery energy storage, inverter (PCS), energy management system (EMS) and transformer procurement, and balance of plant construction agreements.
- Represented Broad Reach Power, as developer, in relation to the procurement of 900 MWh of battery systems from Contemporary Amperex Technology Co., Limited (CATL) for six Texas projects.
- Represented various lenders on development financing on battery energy storage projects in Texas and California.
Wider Renewable Energy (Wind, Solar, HVDC, Hydro, Biofuel, Ammonia)
- Represented solar project developers in the direct procurement of solar modules, inverters, trackers and transformers, including as one-off orders and as part of master volume commitments.
- Represented developer of blue ammonia facility being developed in Louisiana, including advising on front end engineering and design, and engineering, procurement and construction agreements.
- Represented developer of renewable diesel (HVO) and renewable jet fuel (SAF) complex under development in South America, including advising on development agreement structure, equipment procurement, technology licensing, and engineering, procurement and construction agreement.
- Represented Matrix Renewables in an agreement to acquire the 105 MWac solar plus 80 MWh energy storage Gaskell West 2 and 3 project from Canadian Solar Inc. through its wholly-owned subsidiary Recurrent Energy, LLC, including advising on and negotiating battery energy storage and long term service agreements, photovoltaic module supply agreement, inverter (PCS) supply agreement and tracker supply agreement, operations and maintenance agreement, asset management agreement.
- Represented Soo Green HVDC Link ProjectCo in relation to the development of a 350-mile, 2.1 GW, high voltage, direct current transmission line to be installed underground along existing railroad rights of way.
- Represented European infrastructure investment firm in relation to the engineering, procurement and construction contracts for the 440 MWdc Fighting Jays solar + storage project in Fort Bend County, TX, USA.
- Represented European infrastructure investment firm in the negotiation of equipment procurement and balance of plant construction agreements with respect to the development-stage Swan Lake, a 393 MW pumped storage hydroelectric project.
- Represented private equity fund in a range of renewable transactions, including its approximately $1 billion back-levered acquisition (by way of joint venture) of a portfolio of wind and solar assets from a global conglomerate, and operational matters in connection therewith.
- Represented privately held investor and asset manager in its acquisition of a 142 MW portfolio of solar power generation assets.
- Represented Global Atlantic Financial Group on the acquisition of in-development solar power projects, including construction management, operating and maintenance, and administration and management agreements.
- Represented Thai listed BCPG Public Company Limited in the purchase of minority interest in a combined cycle power generating portfolio from Carlyle.
- Represented Texas Central Partners as project counsel in the development of a high speed rail project between Houston and Dallas.
- Represented a multinational pipeline and energy company in its investment in Texas based LNG project developing and constructing a 6.5mm metric ton/year South Texas LNG export facility.
- Represented New Fortress Energy on development of a number of energy projects in the United States and Caribbean, including small scale LNG import and power generation facilities in Jamaica and development of floating regasification and storage unit.
Oil and Gas; Petrochemicals
- Represented numerous companies, including upstream and midstream oil and gas companies, in negotiating and documenting commodity swaps and interest rate swaps with major financial institutions and other swap providers.
- Represented private equity fund in the acquisition of membership interests in a liquefied propane gas terminal located in New Hampshire.
- Represented publicly traded oil and gas exploration company in a variety of international offshore exploration and development matters.
- Represented private equity fund in $2.66 billion acquisition of oil and gas leasehold interest in south Texas via a special purpose acquisition company.
- Represented privately-held oil and gas company in $735 million acquisition of natural gas assets in northwestern Colorado.
- Represented privately-held oil and gas company in a $2.55 billion cash and stock sale of all of its leasehold interests and related assets.
- Co-author, "Split-scope battery purchase contracts", Norton Rose Fulbright NewsWire, June, 2023
- Co-author, "Battery Energy Storage Contracts – Key Pitfalls", Norton Rose Fulbright NewsWire, August, 2022
- Co-author, "Solar panel import duties: contract minefield", Norton Rose Fulbright, April 27, 2022
- Moderator, "Integrator, Operator and Owner Perspectives: Lessons Learned on Storage Performance Guarantees and Augmentation", Infocast Energy Storage Finance & Investment, June 22, 2023
US projects team represents BCPG Public Company Limited in purchase of cycle power generating portfolio from Carlyle
April 03, 2023
April 27, 2022
April 13, 2022