Lindsey F. Swiger
Norton Rose Fulbright US LLP
Related services and key industries
Key industry sectors
Lindsey is an energy lawyer who has spent her career advising clients on conventional and renewable energy transactions across the value chain. Lindsey's practice focuses on project development and financing, mergers, acquisitions, divestments and joint venture structuring. She also advises US and international clients regarding risk allocation and mitigation and the legal aspects of operations, commercial activities, and financings in the oil and gas sector, including exploration and production, gathering and processing, LNG, and joint development and operation of upstream properties.
She has significant experience working alongside engineering and business teams and counsels clients in the negotiation and documentation of engineering, procurement and construction (EPC) agreements, construction and asset management agreements, operation and maintenance and other service agreements, offtake agreements, feedstock supply agreements, joint operating agreements, joint venture arrangements (including corporate structuring and compliance considerations), shared facilities agreements and asset and share purchase and sale agreements.
Prior to joining Norton Rose Fulbright, Lindsey worked in-house at a major international integrated energy company.
JD, magna cum laude, Order of the Coif, Order of the Barons, University of Houston Law Center, 2013
BA, high distinction, International Studies, University of Nebraska - Lincoln, 2009
- Texas State Bar
Project Development and Finance – LNG:
- West Coast Utility and Gas Company - Project development counsel to Gulf Coast and West Coast LNG liquefaction projects
- West Coast Utility and Gas Company - Marketing counsel in respect of LNG sales and gas supplies for its North American LNG liquefaction projects currently under construction and development
Acquisitions and Divestments - Upstream Oil and Gas:
- BHP Billiton - divestment of U.S. shale assets located in the Permian, Eagle Ford, and Haynesville plays valued at $10.5 billion
- Private equity backed U.S. Company - acquisition of Eagle Ford upstream and midstream assets valued at $800 million
- Private Corporation - divestment of Arkansas, Louisiana, and Texas oil and gas assets valued at approximately $300 million
Acquisitions and Divestments - Renewable Energy:
- Belltown Power - Sale of more than 6 GW of utility-scale solar and energy storage projects to ENGIE North America Inc.
- Belltown Power - Sale of a 190 MWac battery energy storage facility located in Hunt County, Texas
- Belltown Power - Sale of a 140 MWac solar photovoltaic power generation facility in Hopkins County, Texas
Project Development and Finance – Renewable Energy:
- Leading Renewable Energy Developer in Central America - Acquisition of an 82 MW portfolio of three solar projects from affiliates of SunEdison, including negotiating related lender consents from the International Finance Corporation (IFC), the Central American Bank for Economic Integration (CABEI), and the OPEC Fund for International Development (OFID)
- Leading Renewable Energy Developer in Central America - $149 million portfolio project financing for the 80MW Alisios wind projects as provided by FMO (The Netherlands Development Finance Company), PROPARCO (the private sector investment arm of the French development body Agence Française de Développement), OeEB (Oesterreichische Entwicklungsbank AG), Triodos Groenfonds, and Oikocredit
- Leading Renewable Energy Developer in Central America - $109 million project financing of the 50 MW Orosi wind project in Costa Rica involving the U.S. Export-Import Bank, The Netherlands Development Finance Company (FMO), and the Banco Internacional de Costa Rica • Globeleq Mesoamerica Energy - $53 million project financing for the 24 MW expansion of the 102 MW Cerro de Hula wind project in Honduras involving the U.S. Export-Import Bank, and the Central American Bank for Economic Integration
- Texas Rising Star, Energy & Resources, Thomson Reuters, 2018 - 2023
- Co-Author, "A Perfect Match?," LNG Industry North America, 2023
- Co-Author, "Project Sales Still Closing Despite Circumvention Risk," Project Finance NewsWire, June 2022
- Co-Author, "Lone Star state has chance to shine in energy transition (pemedianetwork.com)," Petroleum Economist, September 29, 2021
- Co-Author, "Steady As She Goes," The World LNG & Gas Series: Americas Summit & Exhibition, February 2016
- Co-Author, "Growing Pains," Oil & Gas Journal, September 10, 2014