Elizabeth C. Sluder
Norton Rose Fulbright US LLP
Elizabeth C. SludervCard
Related services and key industries
Elizabeth Sluder focuses her practice on project finance, mergers and acquisitions, private equity and general corporate advice. She has substantial experience representing clients in renewable energy transactions, including construction and term debt financings, tax equity investments and negotiating supply agreements, construction contracts and offtake arrangements.
In addition, Elizabeth represents lenders and borrowers in secured lending as well as private banking and mezzanine and junior capital financing
- JD, Tulane University, 2004
- BS, Foreign Service, Georgetown University, 2001
- California State Bar
- Represented a developer of commercial-scale wind and solar energy facilities in connection with:
- A US$400 million construction loan provided by a Dutch multinational financial services company and Munich based bank and mezzanine debt financing was provided by a global investment manager for the Kay Wind Project, a 300 MW wind farm in Oklahoma
- A US$200 million construction loan provided by a Munich-based bank for the Grant Wind Project, a 150 MW wind farm in Oklahoma
- A bridge loan provided by a global financial services affiliate for the Balko Wind Project, a 300 MW wind farm in Oklahoma
- Represented a Munich-based bank in connection with:
- The sale of the 80 MW Beethoven Wind Project in South Dakota to a utilities company
- Securing a tax equity investment in the 20 MW Brahms Wind Project in New Mexico from a US full service bank and the subsequent sale to a global financial services group
- The sale of the 15 MW Anderson Wind Project in New Mexico to a multinational investment bank
- Represented a US bank as a tax equity investor, in a series of investments in residential solar investment funds.
- Represented a French utility group in connection with:
- The acquisition of the 250 MW Roosevelt Wind Project in New Mexico from a developer of a utility-scale wind projects
- The sale of the 250 MW Lundgren Wind Project in Iowa to an energy company
- The sale of the 20 MWac Longboat Solar Project located in California to an electric power and natural gas holding company
- The acquisition of the 200MW Moapa Solar Project in Nevada from RES
- The development of the 249 MW Oso Grande Wind Project and the sale of the project to an electric utility company serving southern Arizona
- Represented a multinational investment bank and financial services company in connection with its acquisition of the tax equity stakes in four operating wind farms owned by a subsidiary of a large US bank-based financial services companies.
- Represented a US climate solutions investment company as lender, in a sale-leaseback financing of a 27 mile, 345 kV transmission line to be used in connection with the development of an estimated 600 MW of renewable energy projects in Texas. This project was a finalist for the Power Finance and Risk 2016 Deal of the Year.
- Represented a renewable power supplier in connection with its CWS Wind Project in Minnesota, which included construction and term loan financing provided by a German bank, (ii) tax equity financing provided by a US bank and (iii) the sale of 90 percent of the sponsor equity to an investment management affiliate.
- Represented an energy developer in connection with the construction and term loans by the US government development finance institution and a binational financial institution for a 150MW wind farm in Mexico. This deal won the MIREC project of the Year Award 2015.
- Represented a nonprofit organization in connection with the sale of the development assets of the a Wind Project in North Dakota to an affiliate.
- Represented an independent power producer in connection with construction and term project financing for a 41 MW wind project in Iowa.
- Represented an Australian infrastructure fund in its sale of its US wind energy interests comprised of an approximately 3.1 GW wind project in Tehachapi, California, to a private equity fund.
- Represented a leading US bank as a tax equity investor in approximately 700 MWs of wind power projects.
- Represented a national developer of utility-scale wind energy facilities in the sale of 99 percent of its stake in a 298 MW wind project to a NYSE-listed power generation and infrastructure company.
- Served as special counsel on renewable energy issues to the Official Committee of Unsecured Creditors of a US renewable energy company.
- Represented a Canadian pension fund in its US$500 million investment in a 1,500 MW wind farm portfolio owned by North America's largest independent wind power generation company.
Negotiation of project documents
- Represented a developer of commercial-scale wind and solar energy facilities in connection with negotiating power purchase agreements with a generation and transmission cooperative and an electric services company.
- Represented a green energy supplier in connection with negotiating multiple turbine supply agreements.
- Represented a subsidiary of a French utility group, in connection with:
- Its global procurement of wind turbines and turbine components and structuring for PTC safe harboring of those turbines
- Negotiating virtual power purchase agreements related to energy generated from wind projects located in Texas and Oklahoma
- An international technology company in preparing its power purchase agreement template
Private equity and fund formation
- Advised on the formation of one of the few woman majority-owned mezzanine funds in the country that has a particular interest, although not exclusive focus, on women¬ owned and minority-owned businesses.
- Represented a People's Republic of China-based investment management firm and its founder in the launch of its first China-focused hedge fund.
- Advised on the formation of an asset management firm which primarily invests in international and global equities.
- Advised on the initial financing of an asset management firm by a private equity firm.
- Represented a private equity fund in its investment in:
- The owner of more than 20 upscale bowling lounges in the US and Canada
- A locally-owned radio group in Portland, Oregon consisting of six radio stations and a state-of-the-art performance and recording venue
- Its acquisition financing of a shipyard capable of new construction, ship repair and dry docking
M&A (Not energy-related)
- Represented a California-based buyout firm in the acquisition of a majority stake in an economic and labor market research firm, which has primarily focused on providing community colleges with regional job market data.
- Represented an international publishing company in its acquisition of a Michigan-based publisher of custom textbooks and lab manuals for the higher education market.
- BTI Client Service All-Star, BTI Consulting Group, 2021
- Top Women Lawyers in California, Daily Journal, 2018
- Top 40 Lawyers Under 40, Daily Journal, 2017