Norton Rose Fulbright Studio Legale
Related services and key industries
- Corporate, M&A and securities
- Financial services and regulation
- Risk consulting
- Information governance, privacy and cybersecurity
Key industry sectors
Salvatore Iannitti is a corporate and regulatory lawyer based in Milan. He focuses on insurance, re-insurance and has vast experience of advising on contracts, regulatory issues, compliance and intermediation.
He has advised on: insurance policies and reinsurance agreements; distribution contracts; umbrella programs; captive and fronting programs; CPI and PPI products; D&O; BBB; W&I policies; injury; A&H policies; unit/index linked policies; public liability policies; professional liability policies; environmental liability policies; crime policies; and fidelity programs. He also assists insurers and intermediaries in proceedings before the public authorities and advises insurance companies on M&A transactions and portfolio transfers.
Salvatore joined the firm in 2001 and became a partner in 2016. Prior to joining, Salvatore interned at the Italian Treasury Department, researching and writing reports on issues including: the government budget; the effects of the introduction of the Euro on public administration; and the contractual activity of public administration. Salvatore also interned at the Centre for International Environmental Law in Washington, DC, where he researched and wrote about issues pertaining to the General Agreement on Tariffs and Trade (GATT) trans-boundary pollution agreements, and the World Bank and its jurisdictional immunity. He participated in a series of seminars in Arlington, Virginia organized by consulting enterprise Advanced International on matters relating to the political, financial and economic system of the US, and US intellectual property legislation.
He has participated in public consultations on regulations, covering: transparency of insurance policies; black boxes; home insurance; comparison of motor TPL tariffs; conflict of interest; complaints handling; passive reinsurance; anti-fraud in the motor TPL sector; distance marketing; and CPI life products.
Salvatore has completed numerous secondments since joining us, including placements at Marsh and AIG's Milan offices.
- Law, LUISS University Rome, 1999 (summa cum laude)
- Avvocato, qualified in Italy 2002
- Leading Practitioner in Insurance and Reinsurance, Euromoney Expert Guide 2021
- Ranked in Commercial, corporate and M&A. Testimonials: 'Salvatore Iannitti is an expert in insurance law and has a practical approach to problems.' Legal 500 EMEA, 2021
- Acritas Star Lawyer. Acritas Report, 2017-2021
- Ranked in Insurance (Italy). 'Has great knowledge of the insurance sector and brings experience from the market,' reports one pleased client. His practice includes advising on warranty and indemnity as well as regulatory matters. Chambers Europe, 2021
- Ranked in Insurance and regulation. TopLegal Insurance Guide, 2021
- Ranked in Commercial, corporate and M&A. About him: 'an insurance and financial services specialist.' Legal 500 EMEA, 2020
- Ranked in Insurance (Italy). Salvatore Iannitti specialises in transactional and regulatory work. His expertise in acquisitions, product distributions and insurance policy advisory work is regularly sought after by international insurance entities. One client comments: 'He demonstrates strong, interdisciplinary competence in insurance,' whilst another describes him as 'an expert in this field of law and fast in providing advice.' Chambers Europe, 2020
- Ranked in Insurance (Italy). Clients appreciate that Salvatore Iannitti 'knows not only the theory and practice, but is also able to adapt to the situation and is very business-focused.' He advises leading international insurers on regulatory and compliance matters, as well as insurance-related transactions and product distribution. Chambers Europe, 2019
- Ranked in Insurance (Italy). Salvatore Iannitti has extensive experience advising pre-eminent clients on regulatory issues in the insurance sector. He is also known for his prowess in distribution schemes and corporate matters. He assisted Zurich with drafting a product that combines D&O coverage with employer and public liability insurance. Chambers Europe, 2018
- Ranked in Commercial, corporate and M&A. Norton Rose Fulbright's insurance sector specialist and department head Salvatore Iannitti 'provides an incredible service'. Legal 500 EMEA, 2018
- Ranked in Insurance (Italy). Salvatore Iannitti moves up in the rankings following effusive feedback from interviewees. One client reports: 'Salvatore is able to marry technical skills with commercial understanding, which has been enormously valuable to us. We have complete trust in him.' He focuses on the regulatory aspects of insurance and reinsurance mandates. Chambers Europe, 2017
- Ranked in Insurance (Italy). Salvatore Iannitti rises in the rankings due to strong market feedback. He is skilled in a wide range of matters including mergers and acquisitions, regulatory issues and litigation. One impressed source notes: 'He is a rare lawyer who marries technical knowledge with commercial understanding and a very practical approach to problem solving.' Chambers Europe, 2016
- Recognized in Euromoney’s “Rising Stars 2016” guide for Corporate, M&A and securities. Expert Guide, 2016
- Up and coming, Insurance (Italy). Interviewees confirm that Salvatore Iannitti 'has a very deep knowledge of insurance law. He is best known for his expertise in regulatory issues'. Chambers Europe, 2014
- Insurance & Reinsurance 2021 T&D - Italy. Chambers Global Guides
- Environmental liability law
- Agreements between intermediaries
- D&O insurance policies
- Bank assurance schemes
- Anti-money laundering in the insurance sector
- Implementation of the transparency regulation
- Insurance coverage in M&A transactions
- Reforms introduced by the Monti Government in the insurance sector (motor TPL and distribution) and unit/index linked products.
Publication | July 01, 2021
Publication | July 01, 2021
Thought leadership | November 09, 2020
Publication | July 07, 2020