Norton Rose Fulbright US LLP
Related services and key industries
Eric Daucher's practice is focused on Bankruptcy and Financial Restructuring, including related litigation and appeals. Mr. Daucher frequently represents non-US liquidators, administrators, and similar parties in cross-border insolvency or debt adjustment proceedings and related litigation. Mr. Daucher also has substantial experience in major municipal bankruptcies and provides bankruptcy law-related analysis in connection with potential distressed investment opportunities.
JD, Moot Court, Emory University School of Law, 2009
BA, Trinity College, 2006
- New York State Bar
- Currently represents NextEra Energy in its planned acquisition out of bankruptcy of Energy Future Holdings and its stake in Oncor Electric Delivery Company in a deal worth US$18.7 billion.
- Currently represents an ad hoc committee of bondholders holding more than US$3.3. billion in bonds insured by Ambac Assurance Corporation’s General Account.
- Currently represents certain funds in connection with Puerto Rico-affiliated debt issuances.
- Represented the joint liquidators of Hellas Telecommunications (Luxembourg) II in a Chapter 15 case, cross-border avoidance actions and related appeals.
- Represented the scheme administrators of OIC Run-Off Limited and The London and Overseas Insurance Company Limited in obtaining chapter 15 recognition and enforcement of a scheme of arrangement in the US.
- Represented the First Lien Agent for Dunkard Creek Water Treatment System in connection with the chapter 11 bankruptcies of Longview Power and related debtors.
- Represented a major bond insurer in the chapter 9 case of Detroit, Michigan.
- Represented a major bond insurer in the chapter 9 case of Jefferson County, Alabama.
- Represented the court-appointed Examiner, Arthur J. Gonzalez, in investigation of claims in the Residential Capitals, LLC chapter 11 cases.
- Represented the Official Committee of Unsecured Creditors of Tribune Company, et al.
- Represented the Australian liquidators of the A.B.C. Learning Centres companies in their ancillary cases under Chapter 15 of the Bankruptcy Code and related appeals.
- New York Metro Rising Star, Bankruptcy, Thomson Reuters, 2016 - 2019
- Recommended lawyer, The Legal 500 US, Restructuruing (including bankruptcy): corporate, The Legal 500, 2019
- Recommended lawyer, The Legal 500 US, Restructuruing (including bankruptcy): municipal, The Legal 500, 2019
- Next generation lawyer, The Legal 500 US, Restructuring (including bankruptcy): municipal, The Legal 500, 2019
- "Learning the Lessons of Chapter 9," The Bond Buyer, September 14, 2015
- "Federal Court Strikes Down Puerto Rico’s Recovery Act as Unconstitutional," Client Alert, February 11, 2015
- "Puerto Rico Claims Authority to Nonconsensually Restructure Public Corporation Debt," Client Alert, July 7, 2014
- Co-author, "Important 2011 Rulings of Foreign Proceedings," International Restructuring NewsWire, February 2012
- Co-author, "Key 2011 Decisions on Chapter 11 Plan Confirmation Issues," International Restructuring NewsWire, February 2012
- "Has Stern v. Marshall Opened a Jurisdictional Dispute Floodgate," International Restructuring NewsWire, October 2011
- "Dodd-Frank’s Liquidation Scheme: Basics for Bankruptcy Practitioners," American Bankruptcy Institute Journal, July/August 2011
- "The Gifting Doctrine Post-DBSD North Am., Inc.," International Restructuring NewsWire, May 2011
- "SCOPAC: New Opportunities for Secured Creditors in Sales of Bankrupt Companies through Chapter 11 Plans," International Restructuring NewsWire, February 2011
- "Litigating Valuation Disputes: A Primer on Preparing Expert Witnesses for Contested Valuations," ABI - Second Annual Mid-Level Professional Development Program, October 2010
- Co-author, "Chapter 11 Plan Confirmation Issues: Settlements, Releases, Gifting and Death Traps," American Bankruptcy Institute Journal, October 2010
- "Restructuring a Municipality under Chapter 9," American Bankruptcy Institute Journal, August 2010
- Co-author, "Introduction to Recognition Under Chapter 15," American Bankruptcy Institute Journal, June 2010
- "Chapter 15 of the US Bankruptcy Code: Opportunities and Challenges for Off-Shore Insolvency Professionals," Hamilton, Bermuda, April 20, 2017
- "Puerto Rico Oversight, Management and Economic Stability Act (PROMESA) Webinar," New York, NY, July 12, 2016
- "Chapter 15 of the US Bankruptcy Code - A Powerful Tool for Off-Shore Practitioners," Tortola, BVI, March 23, 2016
- "Puerto Rico's New Public Corporation Debt Enforcement and Recovery Act -- Restructuring Legislation for Commonwealth Instrumentalities Webinar," New York, New York, July 28, 2014
January 08, 2018
Bankruptcy Court Confirms EFH Chapter 11 Plan for NextEra Energy's US$18.7 Billion Acquisition of Oncor
February 21, 2017
February 21, 2017
Publication | March 16, 2018
Publication | April 6, 2017
Publication | April 6, 2017