Norton Rose Fulbright US LLP
Related services and key industries
Lisa Schapira focuses her practice on litigation, with a particular emphasis on commercial litigation. Her experience includes securities, business tort, contract matters as well as white collar criminal investigations and regulatory enforcement.
JD, cum laude, Senior Editor, Hastings Law Journal, Rendigs Products Liability Moot Court Champion, University of California, Hastings College of Law, 2007
BS, with honors, Cornell University, 2003
- California State Bar
- New York State Bar
- Represented a major municipal bond insurer against attempts to impair water and sewer bonds in the Chapter 9 municipal bankruptcy proceedings for the City of Detroit.
- Successfully challenged Section 1782 application seeking documents located outside of the United States.
- Member of a trial team that won a US$10.1 million patent infringement jury verdict.
- Successfully drafted dispositive motions for European commercial bank against alleged business torts and fraud stemming from a real estate transaction.
- Successfully challenged court's jurisdiction over a foreign inventor and obtained dismissal of a patent infringement action.
- Obtained favorable settlement for medical device company accused of wrongfully escheating stock.
- Obtained favorable settlement for small transportation company accused of violating meal and rest break regulations.
- Represented a big four auditing firm in class action and regulatory investigation involving a failed bank.
- Provided guidance to companies and individuals regarding compliance with US sanctions relating to Russia’s actions in Ukraine.
- New York Metro Rising Star, business litigation, Thomson Reuters, 2015-2017
- "Notes from the Bench," Capital Markets NewsWire, Winter 2014
- "Second Circuit Holds Domestic Securities-Based Swap Transaction Not Sufficient to Invoke Section 10(b) Fraud Liability," Capital Markets NewsWire, Winter 2014
- "Second Circuit Holds Dodd-Frank Anti-Retaliation Whistleblower Protections Do Not Apply Extraterritorially," Capital Markets NewsWire, Winter 2014
- "SEC Unfurls Welcome Mat to Foreign Tipsters and Awards $30 Million to Whistleblower," Capital Markets NewsWire, Winter 2014
- "Section 11 Liability: Potential to Expand?," Capital Markets NewsWire, Winter 2014
- "Using Section 1782 to Reach Foreign Documents of US Companies," International Litigation News, May 2014
- "Big Boy Agreement Prompts Dismissal of Investor Fraud Claims," Lexology, January 2014
- "Participants in ERISA Plans Were Not Madoff Customers," Financial Services Litigation NewsWire, October 2012
- "Goldman Agrees to Pay $22 Million for Lacking Adequate Procedures for Research 'Huddles'," Financial Services Litigation NewsWire, June 2012
- Judicial Extern for the Honorable Thelton E. Henderson, U.S. District Judge, Northern District of California.
Publication | July 18, 2018
Publication | March 26, 2020
Publication | March 09, 2020