Norton Rose Fulbright US LLP
Related services and key industries
Victor Hsu is a partner in the Los Angeles office. He is a transactional lawyer with a background in public finance, banking and commercial law, general corporate matters, and mergers and acquisitions.
Victor's corporate clients include both publicly traded and privately held companies in various industry sectors, including retail, manufacturing, technology and software. His public finance practice emphasizes public power, transportation, water and wastewater issues, affordable housing and lease financing. His expertise also extends to interest rate swap agreements and derivative products.
JD, Yale Law School, 1987
MBA, Yale School of Management, 1987
AB, Princeton University, 1983
Victor is a graduate of Princeton's Woodrow Wilson School of Public and International Affairs and was awarded the Aaron Austin Godfrey Memorial Scholarship Prize. He received an Alfred P. Sloan Foundation Fellowship to attend the Yale School of Management and served as an editor of the Yale Law & Policy Review.
Victor was admitted to practice law in California in 1987.
- California State Bar
- Representing the Los Angeles County Metropolitan Transportation Authority in connection with four TIFIA Loans funded by the U.S. Department of Transportation aggregating nearly $2 billion in principal amount
- Advising the special committee of independent directors in a public company's going-private transaction
- Southern California Super Lawyer, Thomson Reuters, 2005 - 2010, 2012 - 2017, 2019
- Contributing author, "Declaring and Paying Dividends and Other Distributions" chapter in Counseling California Corporations, California Continuing Education of the Bar, 2010 - 2018
- Contributing author, "Defining Events of Default," "Remedies" and "Risk Allocation" chapters in Drafting Business Contracts, California Continuing Education of the Bar, 2004 - 2010
- "SEC Applies Qualitative Materiality Factors of SAB 99 in Enforcement Action against Huntington Bancshares Accounting Fraud," Fulbright Legal Update, July 2005
- Contributor, Legal Opinions in Business Transactions (Excluding the Remedies Opinion), Corporations Committee of the Business Law Section of the State Bar of California, May 2005
- "The Ease of Entry Doctrine in Merger Law," 20 Pacific Law Journal 75, 1988; reprinted in 31 Corporate Practice Commentator 273, 1989
- Former Vice-Chair, State Bar of California Corporations Committee
- National Association of Bond Lawyers
- Asian Americans in Public Finance, Founding Board Member
- Princeton Schools Committee and Alumni Schools Committee, West Los Angeles Regional Chair
- Princeton Class of '83 Special Gifts Committee