Norton Rose Fulbright US LLP
Related services and key industries
Marwan Elrakabawy represents clients in intellectual property and complex commercial litigation, including patent disputes, trademark disputes, contract disputes, business torts and insurance litigation.
Marwan has significant experience in the day-to-day management of federal and state court litigation, including leading and development of litigation strategy, taking and defending depositions, working with experts, preparing substantive motions and claim construction materials, negotiating settlement and licensing agreements, and managing the scope of document and information collection.
After graduating from law school, Marwan served as a law clerk to the Honorable W. Eugene Davis, Circuit Judge, US Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit, and the Honorable Irma E. Gonzalez, Chief Judge, Southern District of California, San Diego.
Marwan is licensed to practice in the state of Texas and before the Southern, Eastern, Western and Northern Districts of Texas.
JD, with honors, University of Texas School of Law, 2006
BA, Computer Sciences, University of Texas at Austin, 2003
- Texas State Bar
- a software maker seeking to protect and enjoin competitors from infringing patented technology
- one of the largest medical device companies in the United States in patent infringement litigation involving devices used to deliver balloon catheters and stents
- a major supplier of laptop computers in multiple cases in the Western and Eastern Districts of Texas involving WiFi and Bluetooth technologies
- as lead counsel for a market leading supplier of communication services in a breach of fiduciary duty claim against a former C-level officer
- a neurosurgeon in a trade secret and correction of inventorship case against one of the largest privately held medical device companies in the United States.
- a large national insurer in a class action lawsuit involving securities fraud claims in the state courts of California
- one of the largest online vacation rental companies in a copyright case involving images used to advertise online vacation rentals
- one of the largest beverage manufacturers in the world seeking to protect and enjoin a competitor from appropriating trade dress and a design patent
- as pro bono counsel to asylum seekers from Moroco and Iran in successful administrative and trial proceedings for asylum.
- Co-author, "Year in Review: Intellectual Property Law - Patent Litigation Venue," Texas Lawyer, December 2009
- Co-author, "Preserving the Chain of Title," IP Law360, October 2009
- Austin Bar Association
- Board Member, Communication Service for the Deaf, Inc.
- American Sign Language