Norton Rose Fulbright US LLP
Related services and key industries
Key industry sectors
Daniel's practice is focused on intellectual property, with an emphasis on:
- Patent litigation in the fields of electronics, telecommunications and computer software; and
- Corporate transactions involving intellectual property.
Daniel has experience handling all aspects of patent litigation in district court and the ITC. Daniel has represented clients in the Southern, Eastern, Western, and Northern Districts of Texas, the District of Delaware, the Northern District of California, the Eastern District of Virginia, the District of Minnesota, the Northern District of Illinois, and the ITC. Daniel has represented a wide variety of litigation clients, ranging from large multinational corporations to companies with fewer than 20 employees.
Daniel has experience preparing and filing petitions for inter partes review and CBM patent review. Daniel successfully argued for a petitioner at the USPTO, resulting in the invalidation of all claims under review.
Daniel also has experience handling a variety of corporate transactions related to intellectural property, including IP licensing, IP due diligence, development agreements, purchase agreements, IP security agreements, IP assignments and general corporate counselling.
Prior to law school, Daniel worked as a project engineer for over four years. Daniel designed analog and digital circuits, laid out printed circuit boards, and write RTL (verilog), firmware (assembly) and software (visual basic).
JD, U.C. Berkeley Boalt Hall School of Law, 2009
BS, magna cum laude, Electrical Engineering, Texas A&M University, 2002
At U.C. Berkeley, Daniel served as the Senior Annual Review Editor for the Berkeley Technology Law Journal.
Daniel is admitted to practice law in the State of Texas and is a registered patent attorney with the United States Patent and Trademark Office.
- Texas State Bar
- US Patent and Trademark Attorney
- Represented wireless technology company in multiple patent infringement investigations before the ITC
- Defended multiple clients in copyright infringement suits
- Represented plaintiff in patent infringement lawsuit (Western District of Texas)
- Represented 20 co-defendants in a patent infringement lawsuit relating to telecommunication technology (Eastern District of Texas)
- Defended a large company in a patent infringement case regarding online internet software (Eastern District of Texas)
- Defended an insurance company in a patent infringement case regarding online billing software (Northern District of Illinois)
- Defended software manufacturers in a patent infringement case regarding digital rights management (Eastern District of Texas)
- Defended several software companies in a patent infringement case regarding database management (Western District of Texas)
- Represented a pharmaceutical company in asserting a patent related to prescription vitamins (Western District of Texas)
- Represented Australian company in $2B+ investment in US-based assets and IP
- Represented various corporations, large and small, in various asset and equity deals
- Represented biomedical services company in licensing negotiations
- Advised large pharmaceutical company in $30M Joint Venture
- Advised large retailer on $8M acquisition
- Honored with the 2023 Latino Leadership Award by Profiles in Diversity Journal.
- Texas Rising Star, intellectual property, Thomson Reuters, 2013 – 2020
- Best Lawyers - Litigation – Patent, Best Lawyers, 2022 - 2024
- Houston Intellectual Property Association
- American Intellectual Property Law Association (AIPLA)
Blog | July 05, 2021
Publication | July 01, 2021
Blog | May 17, 2021