Geraldine W. Young
Norton Rose Fulbright US LLP
Geraldine W. YoungvCard
Related services and key industries
Key industry sectors
Geraldine handles complex antitrust, RICO, and class action litigation in federal and state courts. She has obtained a number of dismissals and other favorable outcomes for her clients. She has also represented clients in private arbitration and secured success for her clients there. She has advocated for clients in pre-litigation contract, antitrust, and other commercial disputes, achieving good results and avoiding litigation. With her knowledge of the substantive law, she also counsels and develops relationships with clients on antitrust and other compliance matters.
Geraldine provides detailed, forward-thinking analysis and practical, business-ready advice. She makes sure her clients are in the best position to prosecute or defend against ongoing or anticipated litigation.
Geraldine's breadth of experience also spans a wide variety of industries. This includes the energy, pharmaceutical, medical, insurance, entertainment, banking, transportation, and steel industries. Geraldine learns and understands the business of each of her clients.
In addition to her client service, Geraldine is known for her strong written advocacy. She also has considerable courtroom experience, which includes several jury trials, multi-day evidentiary hearings on preliminary approval and final approval of a class action settlement, and temporary injunction proceedings.
JD, Vanderbilt University Law School, 2012
BA, magna cum laude, Sociology, Rice University, 2008
Geraldine served as the Executive Editor of the Vanderbilt Law Review.
Geraldine is admitted to the State Bar of Texas and is admitted to practice before the US Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit and for the Ninth Circuit and the US District Court for the Southern, Eastern, Northern, and Western Districts of Texas.
- Texas State Bar
- Obtained dismissal of third-party-payor and consumer claims in two putative RICO and consumer fraud class actions in California federal court
- Obtained preliminary approval and final approval of hotly contested class action settlement in Texas state court
- Defending client against consumer unfair practices claims in class action proceedings in Texas federal court
- Defending client against consumer RICO and various state law class claims in Texas federal court
Antitrust and Competition
- Obtained summary judgment dismissal of antitrust conspiracy and monopolization claims for client in the entertainment industry
- Defended client in the biotechnology industry against federal and state antitrust conspiracy and monopolization claims
- Represented client in arbitration proceedings involving antitrust issues and contract claims
- Represented a steel service center and its president against federal antitrust conspiracy claims, from discovery to trial in federal court
- Advised client in construction industry regarding threatened antitrust lawsuit and conspiracy claims
- Advised client regarding potential antitrust issues raised by proposed billion-dollar transaction
- Advised client in the telecommunications industry regarding antitrust issues related to patent litigation
- Advised clients in the entertainment industry regarding antitrust issues related to joint venture activities
- Prepared antitrust and export compliance materials for a U.S. subsidiary of a Chinese oil and gas company
- Advised multiple clients in response to grand jury subpoenas in federal antitrust investigations
- Texas Rising Stars, Thomson Reuters, 2018 - 2021
- Co-author, "Cybersecurity information exchanges may raise cross-border competition concerns," Norton Rose Fulbright Competition World, 2015
- 2012, 2013, and 2014 Annual Review of Antitrust Law Developments, ABA Section of Antitrust Law
- Co-author, "DOJ Puts Cybersecurity Info-Sharing Policy Into Practice," Law360, October 20, 2014
- Co-author, "Antitrust and Cybersecurity — Still A Long Way To Go," Law 360, September 2014
- Co-author, "Congress on Cybersecurity: Recent Bill Limits Liability," Norton Rose Fulbright Briefing, August 2014
- Co-author, "Top Antitrust Concerns for Chinese Companies," The Asian Lawyer, July 2014
- Houston Bar Association, Current Chair of Antitrust Section, Minority Opportunities in the Legal Profession (MOILP) Committee
- Asian American Bar Association of Houston
- Texas State Bar, Business Litigation Section & Asian Pacific Interest Section
- Federal Bar Association, Southern District of Texas Chapter & Younger Lawyers Division
- Vanderbilt University Law School, Class Agent and Firm Representative
- Mandarin Chinese