Norton Rose Fulbright US LLP
Related services and key industries
Nathan is a senior associate in Norton Rose Fulbright's Austin office. His practice focuses on complex commercial litigation in both state and federal courts, as well as arbitration forums. He has significant experience representing defendants and plaintiffs in a variety of matters, including health care, insurance, technology, misappropriation of trade secrets, real estate, and products liability disputes. Nathan has experience in all stages of litigation, including drafting pleadings, taking and defending depositions, arguing motions, preparing witnesses, conducting investigations, and managing discovery efforts. His previous experience includes serving as a judicial intern to the Honorable Bruce J. McGiverin of the United States District Court for the District of Puerto Rico. He also worked as a research associate and bill analyst for the Senate Research Center in Austin.
JD, University of California Berkeley School of Law (Boalt Hall), 2013
Certification, Elementary Education, American University, 2006
BA, with highest distinction, Political and Social Thought, University of Virginia, 2004
While in law school, Nathan was an executive board member of the Ecology Law Quarterly and member of the Berkeley Technology Law Journal. At the University of Virginia, his honors included the Phi Beta Kappa Society, National Society of Collegiate Scholars, Golden Key International Honor Society and Intermediate Honors for Academic Excellence. Nathan was also a biomedical ethics intern with the University of Virginia Health System. Nathan is admitted to the Texas State Bar and the United States District Court for the Western District of Texas.
- Texas State Bar
- Texas Rising Star, business litigation, Thomson Reuters, 2022-2023
- The Best Lawyers in America, Ones to Watch, Commercial Litigation, Best Lawyers, 2024
- Co-author, "Website Accessibility: The Legal Landscape," Banking Law Journal, Lexis Nexis, January 2019
- "Winning Isn't Everything: Litigation Ethics at Trial and Deposition," Texas Bar Journal, Vol. 78, No. 9, October 2015
- "PPL Montana v. Montana: From Settlers to Settled Expectations," Note in Ecology Law Quarterly, 2013
- Certificate of Specialization in Energy and Clean Technology Law - Berkeley Law (2013)