Norton Rose Fulbright US LLP
Related services and key industries
- Private equity and venture capital
- Corporate, M&A and securities
- Funds and asset management
- Investment funds
- Corporate governance
- Capital markets
Will joined the Dallas office of Norton Rose Fulbright in 2016. Will, a senior associate in the corporate, M&A, and securities practice group, has a broad range of experience in representing public and private buyers and sellers in domestic and cross-border mergers, acquisitions, and joint ventures. Will assists institutional investors and investment fund clients with the structuring and formation of, and investment in, international and domestic private investment funds as well as regulatory matters applicable to public and private investment funds and their management companies. Additionally, his practice includes serving as underwriter's counsel for representations and warranties insurers; representing issuers in public and private securities offerings; and advising clients on a variety of securities law, disclosure, corporate governance, commercial contract, and other transactional matters.
JD, summa cum laude, SMU Dedman School of Law, 2016
BBA, summa cum laude, Mercer University, 2013
While at Mercer University, Will was a four-year starter and two-year captain on the Mercer men's soccer team, garnering accolades such as Capitol One/CoSIDA Academic All-America First Team, NSCAA Scholar All-South Region First Team, inaugural and unanimous repeat Atlantic Sun Conference Men's Soccer Scholar-Athlete of the Year, and Mercer University's Charles C. Morgan Outstanding Male Athlete of the Year.
While in law school, Will worked on the SMU Law Review and served as an Academic Success Program Mentor.
- Texas State Bar
- Investments in private equity, venture capital, and hedge funds across a broad range of markets and strategies by institutional investors, including:
- public pension plans, including one of the largest public pension plans in the United States,
- ERISA plans and other accounts of publicly traded and privately held companies,
- a large insurance company,
- hospital systems,
- public and private universities,
- pension plan of a large international organization,
- funds-of-funds, and
- family offices.
- Funds-of-one, separate accounts, custom vehicles, and co-investments for institutional investors in connection with investment activities.
- A large pension plan of a publicly traded company in a $295 million secondaries sale and a $170 million secondaries sale of interests in domestic and international investment funds.
- A limited partner advisory committee in the separation and transition of multiple private equity funds from the initial sponsor to a successor manager.
- A national multi-family residential developer in its formation of a management company and investment funds.
- A US-based hedge fund manager in its formation of a management company and onshore and offshore investment vehicles for two fund platforms.
- A US-based international venture capital firm in its formation of a management company and first fund.
- A private investment firm in its formation of single-purpose venture funds for investment in companies across a range of industries.
- An affiliate of a registered investment adviser in its formation of a fund platform for investment in a privately held insurance company.
- A private equity real estate developer in the formation of a fund, capital formation for the new fund, and subsequent roll-up of 26 special purpose real estate vehicles into the new fund.
Life Sciences and Healthcare
- A non-US public company in its acquisition of a US-based spectrophotemtry component manufacturer for approximately $271 million and subsequent follow-on acquisition.
- Sale of a leading pathology laboratory services, consumables, and equipment provider for approximately $160 million.
- A regional hospital system in a joint venture with a university health system.
- A private investment firm in its venture investment in a privately held wellness supplement manufacturer.
- An international pharmaceutical company in its divestiture of multiple product lines.
- A publicly traded senior living operator in corporate governance and securities matters, including equity and debt offerings, periodic reporting obligations, and other transactional matters.
- ABC Fitness Solutions in its acquisition of intellectual property assets of Kourts, Inc.
Financial Institutions and Insurance
- A Denver-based financial holding company in its initial public offering and Nasdaq Global Select Market listing.
- A Houston-based bank holding company in its initial public offering and Nasdaq Global Select Market listing.
- A Nasdaq-listed bank holding company based in Kansas in the following transactions:
- merger with a bank with $310 million in assets, and
- merger with a bank with $127 million in assets.
- A Nasdaq-listed bank holding company located in Texas in a merger with a Texas bank with $630 million in assets.
- A Texas-based bank holding company with $517 million in assets in its merger with a Texas-based holding company
- Several financial institutions in corporate governance and securities matters, including periodic reporting obligations.
- An international insurance company in connection with its sale of several subsidiaries in Latin America and South America.
- Numerous insurance companies in their underwriting of representations and warranties insurance policies.
Energy, Infrastructure, and Resources
- Sale of a privately held lumber distribution company for approximately $370 million.
- An NYSE listed exploration and production company in its merger with another NYSE listed exploration and production company for a combined enterprise value of $2.0 billion.
- Sale of a privately held crude oil pipeline company for approximately $133 million.
- A private investment firm in its venture investment in a privately held emissions reduction and management solutions company.
- Sale of a privately held sports equipment and apparel company to a private equity firm for approximately $130 million.
- A private equity firm in its acquisition of a manufacturer of refrigerated desserts, dips, cheeses, and other foods.
- A publicly traded food and beverage company in its venture investment in a plant-based food and beverage company.
- Sale of non-core subsidiaries of a manufacturing company focused in the hobby-crafts industry to prepare for exit.
- A private fund sponsor in its acquisition of a multinational semiconductor chip and component company for approximately $260 million.
- A private equity firm in its sale of a telecommunications infrastructure services company to a large North American telecommunications infrastructure service provider.
- A private equity firm in its acquisition of an aerospace design and manufacturing company.
- A private equity firm in its acquisition of a legal-related services company.
- An NYSE listed tank barge operator in a $710 million acquisition of a major diesel engine manufacturing and distribution company.
- Dallas Association of Young Lawyers
- Dallas Bar Association