Norton Rose Fulbright US LLP
Related services and key industries
David joined Norton Rose Fulbright in 2016. As an associate in the Washington, DC office, he focuses his practice on appellate matters. David has worked on more than a dozen federal appeals. His cases have ranged from administrative appeals regarding energy certificates to wrongful termination claims to contract disputes. David has successfully reversed summary judgments and trial verdicts against his clients, and has successfully defended judgments in their favor as well.
David has also been involved in interlocutory appeals and petitions. For example, he has challenged class action certifications through a federal rule allowing for immediate appeals. He has also filed several mandamus petitions to challenge discovery rulings and venue decisions in patent cases.
Apart from appeals, David has experience drafting and arguing motions in federal district court. He has focused on dispositive motions, and has secured summary judgments for clients in a putative class action.
David is admitted to Washington, DC and the State of Virginia. Additionally, he is admitted to the Dc Circuit Court of Appeals, Fifth Circuit Court of Appeals and Eleventh Circuit Court of Appeals.
JD, University of Virginia, 2016
MA, Classics, St. John's College (Annapolis), 2006
BA, English, The University of Maryland, 2004
While in law school, David was an editor of the Journal of Law and Politics.
- District of Columbia Bar
- Virginia State Bar
- Drafted briefs to help overturn a jury verdict against a client for trade-secret misappropriation and breach of contract.
- Drafted briefs to help overturn a summary judgment against a client based on insurance coverage, and the client later prevailed at trial.
- Drafted briefs to defend a summary judgment against an employee claiming whistleblower protections under Sarbanes Oxley.
- Drafted briefs to help clients in the natural gas and electric-supply industries in appeals from proceedings before FERC.
- Drafted briefs to secure summary judgment in a putative class action seeking wages for work done in prison.
- Argued dispositive motions in federal district court in defense of federal contractors.
- Researched and drafted memoranda relating to transferred assets in bankruptcy matters.
- Researched and drafted memoranda relating to professional responsibility limitations in bankruptcy appointments.