Related services and key industries
Key industry sectors
Rebecca Abou-Chedid's practice focuses on the representation of public and private entities in domestic and international project finance and energy projects.
2011 – JD, Georgetown University Law Center
2002 – BA, Cornell University
- District of Columbia Bar
- New York State Bar
- Represented the lenders in connection with the US$4.025 billion financing Train Two of the US$11 billion Freeport LNG liquefaction and export project located in Freeport, Texas. The debt funding was provided by 25 commercial banks and financial institutions, with equity funding being provided by IFM investors.
- Represented the Overseas Private Investment Corporation in connection with a US$175 million loan to Turkish bank Akbank T.A.S. to make sub-loans to renewable energy projects in Turkey.
- Represented International Finance Corporation, European Investment Bank, Eksport Kredit Fonden and OPEC Fund for International Development in the financing of a 117MW wind farm in Jordan, the first independent renewable energy project in Jordan and Project Finance Magazine's "Middle Eastern Renewables Deal of the Year 2013."
- Represented the lenders in connection with the $6 billion Phase II financing of the US$12 billion, four-Train Sabine Pass LNG liquefaction and export project located in Cameron Parish, Louisiana. The Project is sponsored by Cheniere Energy Partners, with additional equity investment from the Blackstone Group. Upon completion, the Sabine Pass LNG Terminal will be the world's first LNG terminal with dual capacity to import and regasify LNG and liquefy natural gas and export LNG.
- Represented the lenders in connection with the US$3.6 billion Phase I financing for the first two LNG trains at the Sabine Pass LNG Liquefaction and Export Project. The transaction was named 2012 Deal of the Year, Americas by Project Finance International, and 2012 Overall North America Deal of the Year by Project Finance magazine.
- Represented the Overseas Private Investment Corporation in connection with US$500 million loan guarantee facilities supporting small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs) in Jordan and Egypt.
- Represented the US Department of Energy in connection with the US$96.8 million loan guarantee to support US Geothermal Inc.'s development of an approximately 22 MW geothermal project located in Oregon.
- Representing the US Department of Energy in connection with proposed guaranteed loans to Georgia Power Company, Oglethorpe Power Corporation and Municipal Electric Authority of Georgia for the financing of the 2,214 MW Vogtle nuclear power project in Georgia.
- Representing the US Department of Energy in connection with a proposed loan guarantee to Mississippi Power Company for the financing of the 582-megawatt Kemper County IGCC plant in Mississippi.
- Representing the Overseas Private Investment Corporation (OPIC) in connection with US$500 million loan guarantee facilities supporting small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs) in Jordan and Egypt.
- Co-chair of the Board of Directors, Just Vision, a nonprofit organization which brings vital attention to Palestinian and Israeli civilians working to end the conflict through nonviolent means
- Advisory Committee, Young Invincibles, a nonprofit organization which represents the interests of 18 to 34 year olds
- Fellow and Co-chair of legal expert group, Truman National Security Project
- Director of Outreach, Middle East Task Force, New America Foundation
- National Political Director, Arab American Institute