Victoria V. Corder
Norton Rose Fulbright US LLP
Victoria V. CordervCard
Related services and key industries
Victoria Corder is a litigator who focuses her practice on complex commercial disputes involving breaches of contracts, fraud and business torts. She has particular experience with issues unique to cross-border disputes as well as disputes governed by New York law and procedure. She also has significant trial and arbitration experience. She has represented and counseled companies in the financial services, insurance, technology, energy, and healthcare industries in every phase of litigation, arbitration and alternative dispute resolution.
JD, Washington and Lee University School of Law, 2010
AB, Dartmouth College, 2005
- New York State Bar
- Representing global reinsurance company in dispute against insurer in New York federal court involving mutual claims of breach of contract and duty of utmost good faith.
- Represented global pharmaceutical company in ICC arbitration for breach of a license and commercialization agreement based on respondent's failure to use commercially reasonable efforts to commercialize the pharmaceutical product. Obtained complete award, including damages, termination of the license agreement, and an injunction requiring return of the pharmaceutical product.
- Represented global companies in a U.S. litigation filed by a London investment bank seeking to enforce a multi-million dollar oral fee agreement allegedly made in connection with a multi-billion dollar mega-merger. Successfully obtained dismissal of lawsuit against foreign company and its foreign subsidiary on personal jurisdiction grounds, which was upheld on appeal.
- Represented global insurance company in lawsuit filed in New York federal court asserting a business interruption claim. Successfully resolved the dispute without motion practice.
- Represented global company in contract dispute with an investor, which was governed by New York law, that arose in connection with the purchase of an oil and gas producer in Peru. Successfully resolved the dispute.
- Represented global defense company and U.S. subsidiary in a purchase-price adjustment dispute with U.S.-based sellers for breach of representations and warranties in connection with a multi-million dollar acquisition of U.S. operations. Successfully resolved the dispute.
- Represented global pharmaceutical company in contract disputes filed in New York federal court. Successfully resolved the disputes.
- Represented a U.S. Senator against criminal charges of bribery and corruption that were ultimately dismissed with prejudice following a three-month long jury trial that resulted in a hung jury.
- Represented New York investment bank and employees in FINRA arbitration and parallel proceedings in New York state court filed by a competitor for breach of contract and theft of trade secrets. Obtained a complete victory against all claims and prevailed on all counterclaims. Successfully obtained dismissal of parallel proceedings.
- Represented global interdealer brokerage firm in various arbitrations (AAA and FINRA) and civil litigations (New York and New Jersey state court) arising out of a global corporate raid by a competitor and related disputes.
- Co-author, "2 Key NY Law Considerations For COVID-19 Contract Disputes," Law360, May 13, 2020
- “Homeowners and Bondholders as Unlikely Allies: Allocating the costs of Securitization in Foreclosure,” Banking and Financial Services Policy Report, May 2011
NRF Webinar, "Cross-border litigation: Does my company belong in New York court?" (Oct. 2021)
Co-Presenter, "Top Business Cases of the Year," Norton Rose Fulbright US LLP's Business Litigation Trends Regional Summit (June 2021)
Co-Presenter, "Ethics," Norton Rose Fulbright US LLP's Business Litigation Summit (Jan. 2020)
Co-Presenter, "Top Business Cases of the Year," Norton Rose Fulbright US LLP's Business Litigation Summit (Nov. 2018)
- Secretary, Women in the Legal Profession Committee, New York City Bar Association
- Member, New York State Bar Association
- Victoria also regularly serves as a judge for regional mock trial and moot court tournaments in the New York region as well as the annual Philip C. Jessup International Law Moot Court Competition.
March 24, 2022
January 11, 2022
October 20, 2021
Webinar | October 13, 2021
Webinar | June 10, 2021