Norton Rose Fulbright US LLP
Related services and key industries
Robert (Bob) Kirby focuses his practice on complex commercial disputes and bankruptcy-related litigation. His experience includes representing clients in fraudulent transfer litigation, contract disputes, and securities and shareholder derivative actions, and in contested bankruptcy plan confirmation and foreign bankruptcy recognition hearings. Bob is also active in our pro bono program, representing clients in civil and criminal matters.
JD, cum laude, Georgetown University Law Center, 2007
BA, highest honors, Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey, 2003
- New York State Bar
- Represented liquidators of a European telecommunications company in prosecuting a fraudulent transfer action against its former shareholders.
- Represented energy consulting firm in prosecuting breach of fiduciary duty claims related to a natural gas storage joint venture in a JAMS arbitration, and confirming the resulting arbitral award in state court.
- Represented officers and directors of telecommunications company in multi-jurisdictional shareholder derivative litigation.
- Represented the court-appointed examiner in the chapter 11 bankruptcy of a mortgage loan originator in connection with the investigation of fraudulent transfer, fiduciary duty, alter ego, securities fraud, and related claims.
- Represented officers and directors of a China-based aquaculture company in securities class action and related shareholder derivative litigation.
- Represented appliance manufacturer in consumer fraud class action.
- Represented creditors' committee in investigation and prosecution of certain breach of fiduciary duty and fraudulent transfer claims arising out of the chapter 11 bankruptcy of a media corporation.
- Represented international bank in commercial dispute among participants in a credit facility that financed construction of a power plant.
- Represented financial advisory firm in JAMS arbitration concerning a non payment dispute under an advisory services agreement.
- Represented insurance company in ICC arbitration concerning a financial guaranty insurance policy issued in connection with a toll road.
- Represented telecommunications company in two U.S. Circuit Courts of Appeal in disputes over regulatory action by Federal Communications Commission.
- "Madoff Trustee’s Racketeering Claims Against Unicredit Are Dismissed," Pratt's Journal of Bankruptcy Law, September 2012
- "SEC’s March Toward Adoption of Global Accounting Standards Raises Potential Litigation Challenges for U.S. Issuers and their Auditors," Client Alert, March 31, 2010
- "Outside Counsel: N.Y. Seeks to Join States Regulating Pay to Physicians," New York Law Journal, November 6, 2008