Norton Rose Fulbright US LLP
Related services and key industries
Key industry sectors
Cat focuses her practice on intellectual property litigation. She has represented parties in federal district court and before the United States Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit, the International Trade Commission and the Patent Trial and Appeals Board. She has experience in all phases of patent litigation including discovery, fact and expert witness depositions, Markman briefing and hearings, motion briefing and hearings, and appeals.
Cat has represented clients in a wide variety of technologies, including telecommunication networks, wireless networking, oil and gas systems, and computer systems. She previously served as a Deputy Prosecutor for the City of Austin as part of a loan program. As Deputy Prosecutor, she tried eight jury trials. Before attending law school, she worked as an engineer for Texas Instruments, Raytheon, and Dell Computers.
JD, The University of Texas School of Law, 2011
BS, mechanical engineering, University of Texas
While in law school, Cat served as editor-in-chief of the Texas Intellectual Property Law Journal and as technical editor of the Texas Review of Law and Politics. She was also president of the Intellectual Property Law Society.
- Texas State Bar
- US Patent and Trademark Attorney
- Represented a large computer manufacturer in patent litigation in federal district court, inter partes review before the Patent Trial and Appeal Board, and appeals before the Federal Circuit involving patent related to blade servers
- Defended a computer manufacturer in litigation before the International Trade Commission involving patents related to power management and short-range communications
- Defended a large telecommunications company in patent litigation in federal district court involving patents related to wired communications
- Defended a credit card manufacturer in federal district court involving patents related to pre-paid technologies
The Best Lawyers in America, Ones to Watch, Litigation – Intellectual Property, Best Lawyers, 2022 - 2024
- Austin Intellectual Property Law Association
- Honorable Lee Yeakel IP Inn of Court
- Board of Directors for American Gateways