Norton Rose Fulbright US LLP
Related services and key industries
Shana is an associate on the project finance team in Washington, DC. Her practice involves representing lenders, including bilateral and multilateral development finance agencies, and borrowers in structuring, negotiating, documenting and implementing domestic and international project financings.
JD, cum laude, pro bono honoree, Georgetown University Law Center, 2017
BA, magna cum laude, Political Science/Pre-Law, University of West Florida, 2014
In law school, Shana was an Executive Editor for The Georgetown Law Journal - Annual Review of Criminal Procedure, member of the Journal's Diversity Committee, and student attorney for the Georgetown Juvenile Justice Clinic.
- District of Columbia Bar
- Alto Maipo: Represented lenders on the over US$2.4 billion restructuring of the 531 MW Alto Maipo hydroelectric project in Chile, sponsored by AES Gener S.A. and Antofagasta plc. Lenders included: the Inter-American Development Bank, International Finance Corporation, Overseas Private Investment Corporation, Banco de Credito Inversiones S.A., Banco del Estado de Chile, Banco Itaύ Chile Corpbanca, DNB Bank ASA and KfW IPEX-Bank GmbH.
- Atacama: Represented lenders on the US$99 million financing of the 144 MW Atacama solar project in Chile, sponsored by Sonnedix Power Holdings Limited. Lenders included: Corporación Andina de Fomento, Banco Bice and Banco Security.
- Acajutla: Represented lenders on the US$665 million financing of the 378 MW Acajutla natural gas-fired power plant and related Floating Storage Regasification Unit and subsea infrastructure, sponsored by Invenergy Investment Company. Lenders included: International Finance Corporation, Overseas Private Investment Corporation, KfW IPEX-Bank GmbH and Finnish Export Credit Ltd.
- Bosforo: Represented lenders on the US$160 million financing of the 100 MW Bosforo solar projects in El Salvador, sponsored by AES Corporation. Lenders included: the Central American Bank for Economic Integration, Nederlandse Financierings-Maatschappij Voor Ontwikkelingslanden N.V., Overseas Private Investment Corporation and the Bank of Nova Scotia (Panama), S.A.
- Hawaii Solar: Represented the borrower in the US$20 million tax equity financing of the 100 MW Hawaii Solar projects in Oahu, Hawaii, sponsored by Clearway Renew LLC. Currently representing Clearway Renew LLC in the sale of its residual Class B Membership Interests to Clearway Energy Operating LLC.
- Misae: Represented the borrower on the US$120 million tax equity (inverted lease structure) financing of the 326 MW solar project with a hedged PPA in Childress County, Texas, sponsored by Copenhagen Infrastructure III K/S.
- Wildorado: Represented the borrower on the US$160 million tax equity financing for the repowering of the 161 MW wind projects in Oldham, Potter and Randall Counties, Texas, sponsored by Clearway Energy Operating LLC.
- WIFIA – Soquel Creek: Represented the lender, WIFIA, on the US$78 million financing of the Pure Water Soquel Project in the Santa Cruz Mid-County Groundwater Basin in California. The borrower is the Soquel Creek Water District, a county water district of the State of California.
- WIFIA – Atlanta: Represented the lender, WIFIA, on the establishment of the US$216 million WIFIA Master Program whereby project loans will be made available to the City of Atlanta for approved water system improvement projects. The first of such project loans is for a US$55 million financing of the North Fork Peachtree Creek Storage Tank and Pump Station project in Atlanta, Georgia.
- WIFIA – Fargo: Represented the lender, WIFIA, on the US$561 million financing of the Storm Water Diversion Channel and Associated Infrastructure component of the Fargo-Moorhead Area Flood Risk Management Project, which is estimated to cost US$1.267 billion. This project features a P3 component and complex security package and flow of funds. The borrower is the Metro Flood Diversion Authority, a North Dakota political subdivision.
- WIFIA – New Orleans: Represented the lender, WIFIA, on the US$257 million financing of Sewer and Water Line Rehabilitation, Repair, and Replacement Program located in the City of New Orleans, Louisiana. The borrower is the Sewerage and Water Board of New Orleans, a political corporation of Louisiana.
- WIFIA – East County: Represented the lender, WIFIA, on the US$356 million financing of the wastewater conveyance and treatment facilities and advanced water purification and conveyance facilities known as the East County Advanced Water Purification Project located in East County, California. The borrower is the East County Advanced Water Purification Joint Powers Authority, a public entity of California.
- WIFIA – WAGNN: Represented the lender, WIFIA, on the US$13.8 million financing of the Watermill Lane Emerging Contaminant Water Treatment and Water Main Upgrade Project located in Great Neck, New York. The borrower is the Water Authority of Great Neck North, a corporate governmental agency constituting a public benefit corporation of New York.
- WIFIA – SWBNO: Represented the lender, WIFIA, on the $275 million financing of the Sewer Water Line Rehabilitation, Repair, and Replacement Program comprised of 164 smaller projects benefitting the sewer and water system of the City of New Orleans. The borrower is the City of New Orleans, Louisiana, and the Sewerage and Water Board of New Orleans, a political corporation of Louisiana, and the Board of Liquidation, City Debt, a body corporate and politic of Louisiana, are borrower related parties.
- WIFIA – Erie: Currently representing the lender, WIFIA, on the US$22.83 million financing of the ECWA Strategic Plan Improvements Project, consisting of three components: (1) improvements to the Sturgeon Point Water Treatment Plant, (2) the Powdered Activated Carbon Systems project, and (3) the Richard F. Ball Pumping Station. The borrower is the Erie County Water Authority, a public benefit corporation of New York.
- WIFIA – Polk: Currently representing the lender, WIFIA, on the approximately US$231 million financing of the PWRC AWS (Alternative Water Supply) Program, which will provide bulk water to municipal customers. The borrower is the Polk Regional Water Cooperative, a public agency of Florida.
- DOT – West Lake Corridor: Currently representing the lender, the Department of Transportation, on the approximately US$255 million financing of a new passenger rail line connecting existing commuter rail stations located in Lake County, Indiana. The borrower is the Indiana Finance Authority, a body politic and corporate of Indiana.
- Electrodes: Currently representing the borrower in procuring IP and assignment rights from the software developer and operator of a portfolio of solar battery storage projects.
- American Bar Association