Eric Conley Green
Norton Rose Fulbright US LLP
Related services and key industries
Eric Green is a Senior Counsel at Norton Rose Fulbright's Austin office.
His practice includes: patent litigation, complex commercial litigation, appeals, ITC proceedings, inter partes review proceedings, and patent portfolio analysis. Eric's background in electrical and computer engineering and biomedical engineering has enabled him to successfully represent clients in a host of diverse technical disciplines, including: mobile telecom, wireless communication, machine learning, video processing and capture, fiber optic sensors, data security and encryption, integrated circuit design and fabrication, power electronics, physical filtration media, advanced networking technologies, oil and gas exploration and production, medical diagnostics, and web personalization. Eric has a deep understanding of patent litigation, including issues unique to standard essential patent portfolios and FRAND commitments. He represents clients in Federal Courts throughout the United States.
JD, with honors, Dean's Achievement Award in Communications & Technology Law; Best Brief Award, Hutcheson Moot Court Competition, University of Texas, 2009
MS, Biomedical Engineering, Baylor University, 2005
BS, cum laude, Electrical and Computer Engineering, Baylor University, 2005
In college Eric was awarded Baylor University Outstanding Engineering Senior. He was active in Habitat for Humanity; National Society of Collegiate Scholars; Gamma Beta Phi, and Eta Kappa Nu. Eric was named Eta Kappa Nu's Outstanding Electrical Engineering Student, Honorable Mention (Top 5 Nationally) in 2004.
Eric is admitted to practice in the Eastern, Western, Northern and Southern Districts of Texas. He is also admitted to practice before the United States Patent and Trademark Office.
- Texas State Bar
- US Patent & Trademark Attorney
- Represented a major provider of wireless technology in a multi-patent assertion concerning non-standard essential mobile technology patents.
- Represented an owner of a substantial portfolio of wireless technology patents in defense of antitrust allegations relating to licensing practices.
- Defended semiconductor manufacturer against standards-based allegations of infringement relating to Bluetooth technology.
- Defended insurance provider against infringement claims based on personalized website features.
- Participated in multiple IPRs, successfully representing both petitioners and patent owners before the Patent Trial and Appeal Board on technologies relating to videos, machine learning, and web technologies.
- Defended multinational oilfield service providers from allegations of patent infringement in Texas and Montana.
- Represented software company in multiple patent litigations concerning infringement of patents covering secure mobile technology and mobile device management.
- Defended large cellular service provider from infringement claims concerning wireless technology, including use of MIMO and OFDM in Wi-Fi and cellular networks.
- Successfully represented telecommunications equipment provider before the ITC in defense of a patent claiming techniques for semiconductor fabrication.
- Successfully represented client in multiple patent infringement actions involving various wireless technologies, including Wi-Fi, CDMA2000, and Bluetooth.
- Represented a multinational oilfield services provider in multidistrict litigation relating to the Deepwater Horizon accident and oil spill, focusing on issues related to drilling practices and procedures, safety, and fluid chemistry.
- Texas Rising Stars, Thomson Reuters, 2015 - 2021
- Extraterritorial Application of U.S. Patent Damages Law, delivered March 2020 to the Damages Subcommittee of the American Intellectual Property Law Association
- It's a Small World After All: Plaintiffs Leveraging US Courts to Seek Patent Damages for Foreign Conduct, delivered January 2020 to the Association of Corporate Counsel
- Protecting Your Intellectual Property, delivered October 2019 to students at the University of Texas
- State Bar of Texas
- American Intellectual Property Law Association
- Austin Intellectual Property Law Association
- Member of Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers
- Member of Baylor University Mechanical Engineering Advisory Board
Publication | September 9, 2020
Publication | August 31, 2020