Tomas Enrique Alarcon
Norton Rose Fulbright US LLP
Related services and key industries
Key industry sectors
Tomas Alarcon is part of the firm's Commercial Litigation and Disputes group.
A skilled litigator with experience on both sides of the bar, Tomas focuses on business disputes and is a go-to lawyer in the firm for high-exposure personal injury litigation. He has extensive experience managing the day-to-day aspects of a diverse range of matters and has appeared in federal and state courts across all of Texas.
With a client-centric approach, Tomas has represented small businesses to some of the largest companies in the world, and their directors and officers, from various sectors, such as technology, transportation, retail, hospitality, health care, insurance, and energy. Fluent in Spanish, he has also represented Latin American companies and foreign nationals in U.S. litigation.
Prior to law school Tomas worked as a social worker and Special Agent with Homeland Security Investigations, the principal investigate arm of the U.S. Department of Homeland Security. When he's not working, Tomas enjoys comedy shows, working on with his vintage SL Mercedes, and spending time in with his family. He also enjoys jokingly telling his physician wife that lawyers are more important than medical professionals.
J.D., Southern University Law Center, magna cum laude
B.A., University of Texas at Austin
In law school, Tomas was a teaching assistant in Contracts, Sales and Leases, and Criminal Law. Tomas was also a summer law clerk for the Hon. Fredericka Wicker at the Louisiana Fifth Circuit Court of Appeal.
- Texas State Bar
- Lawyers to Watch, Latino Leaders Magazine, 2021
- Law360, 2022 Editorial Advisory Board, Personal Injury and Medical Malpractice
- Best Practices for Investigating a Claim and Preserving Evidence, presented at the 2023 Complex Claims & Litigation Forum, Feb. 27, 2023
- State Bar of Texas, and member of the Litigation Section and Antitrust and Business Litigation Section
- College of the State Bar of Texas
- Dallas Bar Association
- Dallas Hispanic Bar Association
- Hispanic National Bar Association
Tomas also volunteers for the Equality Committee DISD Mentoring Program, Dallas Volunteer Attorney Program, DISD Career Day, and as a high school mock trial judge, as his schedule allows.