Norton Rose Fulbright US LLP
Related services and key industries
Vanisha is an associate in the firm's commercial real estate group in the Austin office. Vanisha's practice focuses on a broad range of commercial real estate and corporate transactions including: acquisitions and dispositions of assets for development and investments, financing, office buildings, commercial leasing (office, industrial, retail, and medical), land use, entitlements, joint ventures and foreclosures. Vanisha also advises renewable energy developers, owners, operators and service providers of wind, solar and energy storage projects in matters involving real estate, title insurance, environmental diligence, negotiation of commercial contracts used in the development and construction of renewable energy projects and diligence in support of acquisitions and financing of renewable energy projects. She represents real estate developers and investors, lenders and borrowers, landlords and tenants and emerging companies. Her recent experience includes representation in the purchase of a $1.5 billion renewables portfolio.
Vanisha has specialized experience advising owners and developers of electric generation, storage and transmission projects, electric utilities, natural gas pipelines and investors and financing parties regarding Federal Energy Regulatory Commission (FERC) rules and policies and other energy regulatory matters.
Vanisha is a true firm citizen and sits on several of the firm's committees such as: the Non-Partner Attorney's Committee, the Wellness Committee, Women in Norton, and she is the Chair of the Minority Equity Council for the Austin office, which is dedicated to creating and maintaining an accessible, dynamic and inspirational environment for attorneys of color within the firm by accessing role models, mentors and sponsors at all levels.
Prior to her legal career, Vanisha served as a chief of staff for the Texas House of Representatives, staffing the public education, public health and the appropriations committees, as well as a policy analyst for the Texas Health and Human Services Commission
JD, Georgetown University Law Center, 2020
MA, summa cum laude, Education Policy, Concordia University, 2017
BA, magna cum laude, English and History, Texas A&M University, 2015
- Texas State Bar
- 2022 Diversity & Inclusion Global Champion, Norton Rose Fulbright
- Author, "Updates to California Real Estate Disclosure Requirements" - NRF Institute, January 2023
- Author, "Vacant Stores to Become Homes" – NRF Institute, January 2023
- Author, "Flip Transactions: Practical Tips and Tricks" – 44th Annual Advanced Real Estate Law Course, July 2022
- Author, "New York Commercial Eviction Moratorium Ends" – NRF Institute, May 16 2022
- Author, "Local Moratoria on Commercial Evictions Extended" – NRF Institute, February 2022
- Author, "New Commercial Real Estate Law – New York" – NRF Institute, December 2021
- Presenter, Leading Guided Meditation, Texas Young Lawyer's Association Wellness Retreat, January 2023
- Panelist, "WiNning Business Panel: Working Across Generations" – Norton Rose Fulbright, November 2022
- Presenter, "Flip Transactions: Practical Tips and Tricks" – 44th Annual Advanced Real Estate Law Course, July 2022
- Member, Texas Young Lawyer's Association
- Member, Austin Black Lawyer's Association
- Member, Texas Aggie Bar Association
- Member, Real Estate Council of Austin
- Member, Junior League of Austin
- Membership Chair, Georgetown University Alumni Association of Austin
- Chair, Food in Tummies Program at Baty Elementary School providing food over the weekend to children who go without throughout the year.
- Volunteer, Dress for Success Austin
- Member, Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority, Inc.