Norton Rose Fulbright US LLP
Related services and key industries
Todd Batson is a senior counsel that focuses his practice on securities litigation, complex commercial litigation, structured finance litigation, and appeals. Todd has appeared in federal and state courts across the United States, administrative hearings, and domestic and international arbitrations (JAMS and the International Chamber of Commerce (ICC)). He has appeared at trial, hearings, and court conferences, drafted motions and pleadings and taken and defended depositions.
Prior to joining Norton Rose Fulbright, Todd clerked for Judge Richard C. Wesley of the US Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit.
JD, summa cum laude, Brooklyn Law School, 2009
BBA, Finance, University of Texas at Austin, 2004
BA, Economics, University of Texas at Austin, 2004
- New York State Bar
- Texas State Bar
- Represented client in Delaware Chancery Court in suit for appraisal and breach of fiduciary duty arising from merger.
- Represented client in ICC arbitration for breach of warranty representation.
- Represented Chapter 11 trust in multiple lawsuits against financial institutions for indemnification due to losses caused by financial institutions' sales of defective mortgage loans. Member of trial team that obtained a $28.7 million jury verdict.
- Represented two asset management firms and dozens of other investors asserting securities claims against Brazilian oil and gas company relating to the revelation of a bribery and corruption scandal. Successfully resolved all claims as part of $353 million reported settlement.
- Represented government agency in RMBS litigation against numerous financial institutions. Member of trial team that obtained an $800 million judgment against two financial institutions, which was affirmed on appeal.
Publication | March 24, 2021
Publication | March 16, 2021
Publication | February 10, 2021
Publication | January 13, 2021