Norton Rose Fulbright Australia
Related services and key industries
- Food and agribusiness
- Corporate, M&A and securities
- Intellectual property
- Private equity and venture capital
Marshall Bromwich is a corporate and commercial lawyer based in Brisbane and is the head of consumer markets in Australia.
Marshall is one of Australia's leading transactional franchising lawyers. He has been involved in structuring, documenting and managing a wide range of transactions involving the sale or purchase of franchise networks, capital raisings, IPO's, joint ventures and other types of private equity transactions. Marshall has a strong reputation for closing deals and devising innovative solutions where necessary to overcome potential obstacles to a successful transaction.
Marshall has significant experience interacting with clients at senior management and board level as well as managing and controlling major transactions. He acts as a trusted advisor providing strategic advice to a number of local and global businesses that are industry leaders in their field.
In addition to his core M&A practice, Marshall is recognised as having market-leading experience in warranty and indemnity insurance, acting for both insurers and buyers and sellers utilising transactional insurance products.
- Bachelor of Laws (Honours), University of Melbourne (2003)
- Bachelor of Arts, University of Melbourne (2003)
- Supreme Court of Victoria 2004
- Supreme Court of Queensland 2013
- the acquisition of the Best Friends Pets and My Pet Warehouse retail networks;
- the acquisition of a $50 million minority stake in PETstock by Auctus Alternative Investments;
- the acquisition of the Hart Retail Group in South Australia;
- various acquisition and investments involving product manufacturers and distributors, veterinary practices
- and retail store networks; and
- the establishment and restructure of the Petstock Vet retail network;
- providing strategic advice in relation to the Petstock retail network.
- Metcash - the acquisition of a private label liquor distribution business and Asia Pacific cruise division from Kollaras trading Company; and the acquisitions of Porter's Liquor and Big Bargain Bottleshops.
- Loan Market Group - the acquisition of National Australia Bank's broker aggregation business and the merger of Loan Market Group's asset finance division with Nodifi.
- Bapcor Limited (Burson Auto Parts, Autobarn, Autopro, Midas, ABS) - advising Bapcor Group in relation to the acquisition of the Sprint Auto Parts business.
- Retail Food Group
- the global acquisition of the Gloria Jean's Coffees and It's a Grind businesses;
- the acquisition of Di Bella coffee; and
- the acquisition of the Hudson Pacific Corporation food services business.
- Shaver Shop
- the sale to a private equity consortium and subsequent IPO;
- the buy-back of the Shaver Shop franchise network; and
- the acquisition of a retail business in New Zealand.
- Steinhoff Asia Pacific - advised Steinhoff Asia Pacific in relation to its bid for the Good Guys retail network.
- W&I insurers - regularly advise insurers include AIG, Liberty GTS, Fusion, Tokio Marine HCC, Beazley and Brockwell in connection with underwriting W&I insurance policies across a range of industries and transaction structures (including in relation to transactions involving Craveable Brands, Poolwerx, Laser Clinics Australia, Silk Laser Clinics).
- Pacific Optics - advising Pacific Optics in relation to the sale of its consumer products distribution business to a private equity fund.
- Pearson Australia Group- acted for Pearson Australia Group in relation to the global merger of the Penguin and Random House print publishing businesses.
- Intrepid Travel - Advised the founders of Intrepid Travel in connection with the merger of the Intrepid Travel business globally with the adventure travel division of TUI Travel PLC.
- Burra Foods - Acted for Burra Foods in relation to the sale of a majority stake to Itochu Corporation and Itochu Australia Limited and the development of a new milk powder plant.
Publication | October 26, 2022
Webinar | June 15, 2022
Webinar | March 01, 2021