Managing Partner, Montréal Office
Norton Rose Fulbright Canada LLP
Related services and key industries
Solomon Sananes practises corporate finance and securities (including both private placements and public financings), mergers and acquisitions, and corporate governance.
In corporate financing, he acts in numerous Canadian and Canadian/US cross-border offerings of debt, equity and derivative instruments on behalf of issuers, selling shareholders and underwriters. In mergers and acquisitions, he participates in a variety of significant transactions, acting for both buyers and sellers of public and private companies. He also advises a number of Canadian public companies on continuous disclosure obligations, governance issues and the conduct of shareholders’ meetings.
Mr. Sananes is managing partner of our Montréal office and a member of our Canadian management committee.
B.C.L./LL.B., McGill University, 1992
B.Comm., McGill University, 1992
- Quebec 1993
Mr. Sananes acted recently for the following clients:
- Issuers and underwriters in numerous Canadian, Canada/US cross-border, and international financings of debt and equity including offerings by Bombardier Inc., Caisse centrale Desjardins inc., Capital Desjardins inc., Power Corporation, Power Financial Corporation, Quebecor Media Inc., Quebecor World Inc., Videotron ltee, BCE Inc., SNC‑Lavalin Group Inc., Domtar Inc. and others
- Wajax Income Fund in a secondary offering by ECL Western Holdings Limited and The Sobey Foundation of Fund units for $127 million
- McKesson Canada in the acquisition of Patient Direct Group and Specialized Health Care Corporation, an Oakville, Ontario‑based specialty and biological drug distribution, patient support and direct‑to‑patient drug dispensing business
- Otto Bock HealthCare GmbH in connection with the establishment of a joint venture with Victhom Human Bionics Inc.
- Quebecor World Inc. (now World Color Press Inc.) in its successful emergence from creditor protection under the Companies’ Creditors Arrangement Act in Canada and, in respect of certain US subsidiaries, Chapter 11 of the United States Bankruptcy Code
- Quebecor Media Inc. with the privatization of its publicly traded subsidiary, Nurun Inc.
- Quebecor Media Inc. in its takeover bid for all of the issued and outstanding units of Osprey Media Income Fund
- Domtar Inc. in its cross‑border merger with the fine paper business of Weyerhaeuser, creating Domtar Corporation
- Arcelor SA in its take‑over bid for Dofasco Inc. and in connection with the Canadian aspects of its merger with Mittal Steel Co. NV
- Bombardier Inc. in its restructuring and recapitalization program including the sale of its Recreational Products Division
- Chambers Canada, Nationwide: Capital Markets - Debt and Equity, Chambers and Partners, 2019
- Chambers Canada, Quebec: Corporate/Commercial, Chambers and Partners, 2019
- Best Lawyers in Canada, 2006-2017: Corporate Law
- Best Lawyers in Canada, 2009-2017: Securities Law
- Best Lawyers in Canada, 2012-2017: Mergers & Acquisitions Law
- Canadian Legal Lexpert Directory, 2012-2019: recommended in Corporate Finance & Securities; 2017; recommended in Corporate Mid-Market; 2019: recommended in Mergers & Acquisitions
- Best Lawyers in Canada, 2014: Project Finance
- Lexpert®/American Lawyer Guide to the Leading 500 Lawyers in Canada, 2006: One of “40 Corporate Lawyers to Watch”
- Lexpert’s “Top 40 lawyers under 40” Lawyers in Canada, 2004
- Canadian Bar Association