Norton Rose Fulbright LLP
Related services and key industries
Key industry sectors
Matthew Hodkin is a tax partner based in London. He advises on corporate and international tax matters, with particular focus on transactions in the energy, infrastructure and transport sectors. He trained at the firm and became a partner in 2007. Matthew is ranked in Chambers UK, which states that " Matthew is a superb tax lawyer who is very skilled at thinking outside of the box. He supports us with pragmatic advice which balances commercial and political sensitivities. He has the ability to interpret and explain to non-specialists." He is a member of the Law Society's corporation tax committee and the International Fiscal Association.
Professional experienceExpand all Collapse all
- Solicitor, qualified in England & Wales
- Gore Street Energy Storage Fund PLC (Gore Street), London's first stock market listed energy storage fund - on its acquisition of Ferrymuir Energy Storage Limited.
- A China Resources consortium - on its acquisition of (and the joint venture arrangements relating to) a 30 percent stake in the 402MW Dudgeon Offshore Wind Farm, which is built off the coast in Norfolk in the United Kingdom, from Statkraft UK Limited.Advising RWE on its acquisition from Centrica of the new Kings Lynn 300MW replant CCGT.
- Greencoat UK Wind plc and Greencoat Renewable Income - on their joint £648m acquisition of a 49 percemt interest in the Humber Gateway offshore wind farm from RWE and the accompanying joint venture arrangements.
- RWE (as sponsor) - in relation to the disposal of stakes in the Gwynt-y-Mor offshore windfarm and accompanying joint venture arrangements. Also advising in relation to the tax treatment of, and disposal of the OFTO assets of that windfarm
- On the establishment of funds and joint ventures aimed at enabling investors to participate in renewable energy, aviation and shipping transactions.
- On the structuring, acquisition and disposal of companies and businesses in the UK renewable energy market.
- On BP on sale of Swiss and Lichtenstein retail and ground fuel units to Oel-Pool AG.
- On sale of majority stake in Southampton Football Club.
Chambers and Partners 2022
"Matthew is a superb tax lawyer who is very skilled at thinking outside of the box. He supports us with pragmatic advice which balances commercial and political sensitivities. He has the ability to interpret and explain to non-specialists."
Matthew Hodkin is ranked in Who's Who Legal Corporate Tax 2022.
Member of the Law Society Corporation Tax Sub-Committee
Member of the International Fiscal Association
Cross-border team advises Infinity Power on Lekela Power acquisition
March 20, 2023
London team advises on sale of majority stake in Southampton Football Club
January 06, 2022
Lenders advised on world’s largest offshore wind farm
December 06, 2021
NRF Client Briefing Sovereign immunity from direct taxation consultation on policy design
Publication | May 12, 2023
The “CCO”: Corporate offences of failing to prevent the facilitation of tax evasion
Publication | April 2023
Autumn Statement 2022: a revenue-raising balancing act
Publication | November 28, 2022