Emma de Ronde
Norton Rose Fulbright LLP
Emma de RondevCard
Related services and key industries
Key industry sectors
Emma de Ronde is a corporate lawyer based in London. She has extensive experience in cross-border M&A, international equity capital markets and corporate advisory work.
Emma joined the firm in 2003, becoming a partner in 2012 and spent seven years in our Hong Kong corporate team between 2014 and 2021. From 2021-2022 Emma spent 18 months on secondment to HSBC as General Counsel for Group M&A, working on all of the Group's significant M&A mandates during that period.
Professional experienceExpand all Collapse all
- Solicitor, qualified in England & Wales
- Solicitor, qualified in Hong Kong
- HSBC as its in-house General Counsel for Group M&A - on a number of mandates including the disposal of its French retail bank, its US consumer businesses, its Greek branch operations, as well as the acquisition of 100 percent of AXA's Singapore insurance business and L&T Holding's mutual fund business in India
- HSBC - on its acquisition of the remaining 50 percent stake in its life insurance joint venture in China
- HSBC on the sale of its Takaful insurance business in Malaysia
- HSBC on its strategic review of where its headquarters should be based
- Zurich Insurance on the acquisition of Bright Box, a Hong Kong based InsurTech company
- Argonaut, HSBC and PT Indo Premier as placing agents to a share placement by PT Merdeka Copper Gold, an Indonesian listed mining group
- A Chinese consortium led by Fosun International on the implications under the Hong Kong Listing Rules of its acquisition of a 10% stake (and 5% option) in PJSC Polyus
- IRC Limited on a fundraising by way of share subscription by a new strategic investor, Tiger Capital, conditional on shareholder approval for the issue of new shares under the Hong Kong Listing Rules
- HSBC in its capacity as financial adviser to Admiral Power Holdings in respect of its privatisation of Wheelock and Company for approximately US$1.05bn
- Modern Terminals on its joint operating agreement with Hutchison Ports in relation to the Kwai Tsing Port in Hong Kong
- Insurance Companies (Amendment) Ordinance 2015 brings sweeping changes, August 28, 2015}
The Hong Kong Legislative Council passed the Insurance Companies (Amendment) Bill 2014 on 10 July 2015.
- Financial institutions M&A in Asia Pacific, November 21, 2014
As global M&A activity continues to increase, many financial institutions are looking at their Asia Pacific strategy.
The undistinguished common flow: The High Court of Australia shines new light on 'ordinary course' obligations
Publication | March 31, 2023
UK Corporate governance and narrative reporting: Key developments checklist
Publication | January 26, 2023
Tackling economic crime and corporate transparency (Part 2) – the new Bill
Publication | September 27, 2022