Related services and key industries
Frank Henkel is a corporate lawyer based in Munich. He has a broad range of experience of acting for clients in the financial institutions, technology and automotive sectors, both on domestic and cross-border M&A transactions and on corporate restructurings/reorganisations.
He regularly advises on FinTech-related investments, acquisitions and joint ventures, including in the payment services and cryptocurrency sectors. Frank frequently speaks at FinTech regulation seminars in Germany.
Frank recently advised several automotive manufacturers and suppliers on the corporate and regulatory aspects of autonomous driving and mobility services, with a focus on joint ventures and co-investments.
Frank graduated from the Universities of Munich and Oxford. He was admitted as a lawyer in 2006 and joined us in the same year.
A German native speaker, Frank is also fluent in English and French.
- Bayerische Motoren Werke Aktiengesellschaft – on the global joint venture with Daimler AG combining the entire mobility services offering (including ride-hailing, car-sharing, charging, parking and multimodality)
- Bayerische Motoren Werke Aktiengesellschaft – on the buy-out of several minority shareholders in parking services provider Parkmobile
- Bayerische Motoren Werke Aktiengesellschaft – on the reorganisation of its fleet leasing services in Germany including the merger between Alphabet and LHS
- BMW Bank – on the reorganisation of its financial services division in Spain, France and Italy including cross-border mergers
- AnaCap Financial Partners, the specialist European financial services private equity firm – on the acquisition of a majority stake in online payment company Heidelberger Payment
- AnaCap Financial Partners, the specialist European financial services private equity firm – on the acquisition of POS terminal provider StarTec Payment & Service GmbH
- ReachLocal GmbH, a leading provider of online marketing and advertising solutions – on the sale of its business to RegioHelden GmbH
- International private equity group – on the establishment of a cryptocurrency exchange platform integrated into a financial services/banking services provider, as well as on the co-investment into a FinTech platform for the provision of services to a bank specialised in car financing
- Cryptocurrency broker – on the collaboration with a European bank for the provision of regulated clearing and settlement services for cryptocurrency trades
- European bank – on the establishment of an electronic platform for private wealth management services in Germany
- German Landesbank – on the structuring of an investment into a block chain-based platform designed to facilitate interbank trading of assets
- Middle Eastern bank – on the structuring of a joint-venture with several European FinTech companies in the payments services sector
- OnVista Bank – on the acquisition of the German operations of the Swedish online broker Nordnet Bank
- Ikano – on the reorganisation of the business of the German subsidiary in a cross-border merger with the Swedish bank
- Nordea Bank – on the transfer of the German business operations from the Finnish to the Swedish branch
- Amundi – on the merger of its asset management activities in Germany, including the setting up of a new branch office
- Encore Capital and JC Flowers as shareholders of Cabot Financial – on the bidding process for German debt collection group GFKL
- IMI Plc – on the acquisition of the pneumatics division of a leading German industrial group in a bidding process
- Chinese consortium led by China Renaissance Capital Investment and Zhengzhou Coal Mining Machinery Group Co. – on the acquisition of the global starter motors and generators business of Robert Bosch in an auction process
- Instrument Systems Optische Messtechnik – on the sale to Konica Minolta Optics
- US-based Nexovation group – in the bidding process for the Nürburgring racetrack.
- Autonomous vehicles: Pedal to the Metal or Slamming on the Brakes?, Worldwide Regulation of Autonomous Vehicles, 9/2018
- Autonomous vehicles: The legal landscape of Dedicated Short Range Communication in the US, UK and Germany, 7/2017
- Regulatorische Rahmenbedingungen für FinTechs in Deutschland, Venture Capital Magazin, 3/2017
- Autonomous vehicles: The legal landscape in Germany, 7/2016
- Le secteur de la finance en mutation – une renaissance pour les FUSAQ?, 3/2015
- German unicorns and their specifics, pre-NOAH conference VC and start-up dinner, Berlin
- Investment and exit trends in Germany, Billion dollar start-ups in the US and Europe, NRF London
- Banks and FinTechs – observations on digitisation, regulation and collaboration, FinTech – the digital transformation of financial services, NRF Munich
- Legal aspects of online financings, business Breakfast Mittelstand meets FinTech, NRF Munich
- Digital transformation as driver for M&A, Award of World Honour for Dr Jürgen Reul, General Counsel of Bayerische Motoren Werke Aktiengesellschaft, NRF Munich
- German and Munich bar association
- European Finance Forum (EFF)
December 09, 2019
Norton Rose Fulbright advises the Auditing Association of German Banks in relation to the privatisation of HSH Nordbank
November 09, 2018
October 19, 2018
Publication | July 16, 2020
Publication | July 08, 2020
Webinar | May 28, 2020
Publication | September 14, 2018