Norton Rose Fulbright LLP
Related services and key industries
Richard Green is a banking lawyer based in London. He has a wealth of knowledge of asset and structured finance, with a particular focus on aviation finance. Richard's experience includes advising on all aspects of operating and finance leases, aircraft sales and leaseback, tax-driven structured financings, cross-border structured financing and export credit financing. Richard acts for UK, European and other international clients on the full spectrum of aviation finance matters.
His clients include some of the world's leading airlines, aircraft lessors, banks and financial institutions. He has spent time on secondment with Pembroke Capital, the aviation finance and leasing division of Standard Chartered Bank.
Richard joined us as a trainee solicitor in 2007. Following training with the asset finance teams in London and Singapore, Richard qualified into the asset finance practice in London in September 2009.
- B.A. Political Studies, University of Leeds
- Graduate Diploma in Law and Legal Practice Course, BPP Law School
- Solicitor, qualified in England & Wales
- easyJet – advised on the sale and leaseback of ten of easyJet's Airbus A319 aircraft with Willis Lease Finance Corporation, completed in January 2019; advised on the leasing of 18 ex-Air Berlin A320 aircraft with multiple counterparties, completed in July 2018; advised on the restructuring of easyJet's internal and external leases for over 320 Airbus A320 family aircraft to fit with the airline's post-Brexit operations, completed in July 2018
- LATAM – advised on the sale and leaseback by LATAM of five Airbus A320Neo aircraft with Avolon, completed in January 2019
- UK Export Finance – advised on the ECA-supported operating lease facility for AerCap Holdings N.V. for a Boeing 787-9 aircraft for Ethiopian Airlines, completed in August 2018
- Ping An Leasing – advised on the sale and leaseback of two Airbus A350 aircraft for Ethiopian Airlines, completed in June 2017
- Air Canada – advised on the Japanese operating lease financings for four Boeing 787-9 aircraft with multiple counterparties, completed in June 2017
- Cape Town Convention – purpose of the convention and registering international interests, LexisNexis, 2011