Related services and key industries
Kit McCarthy is a corporate lawyer based in London. Kit has extensive experience of advising on public company M&A transactions and international equity offerings, advising both issuers and investment banks across a range of sectors. Kit also advises listed clients on their obligations as publicly-traded companies.
In February 2020, Kit returned from a two-year secondment to the UK Takeover Panel, where he regulated close to 350 transactions governed by the UK Takeover Code, including some of the highest profile public M&A transactions of recent years.
- Solicitor, qualified in England & Wales
- Countryside Partnerships PLC in connection with the £1.25 billion recommended cash and shares combination with Vistry Group PLC.
- Merrill Lynch International in its capacity as financial adviser to Authentic Brands Group, LLC in connection with its £211 million recommended cash offer for Ted Baker plc.
- Investec in its capacity as financial adviser and Nomad to AdvancedADvT Limited in connection with its hostile firm offer for M&C Saatchi plc.
- Morgan Stanley in its capacity as financial adviser to Pan-European Infrastructure III, SCSp (an infrastructure fund managed and advised by DWS Group GmbH & Co. KGaA) in connection with its competitive £594.9 million recommended cash offer for Stagecoach Group plc.
- BNP Paribas in its capacity as financial adviser to Tibergest PTE Ltd on its mandatory £284.5 million cash offer for Photo-Me International.
- Goldman Sachs and J.P. Morgan in their capacity as financial advisers to Clayton, Dubilier & Rice, LLC in connection with its competitive £7.1 billion recommended cash offer for Wm Morrison Supermarkets PLC.
- Charles Stanley Group PLC on its £278.8 million recommended acquisition by Raymond James Financial, Inc.
- Restore plc on its successful defence of a hostile bid by Marlowe plc.
- Good Energy Group on its successful defence of a hostile bid by Ecotricity Limited.
- Evercore in its capacity as financial adviser to PineBridge Benson Elliot LLP in connection with its recommended £188.4 million cash offer for Sigma Capital Group plc.
- Rothschild & Co in its capacity as financial adviser to Ramsay Health Care Limited in connection with its £1.04 billion recommended cash offer for Spire Healthcare Group plc.
- Investec in its capacity as financial adviser to DBAY Advisors Limited in connection with its £320 million recommended cash offer for Telit Communications PLC.
- J.P. Morgan in its capacity as financial adviser to Schweitzer-Mauduit International, Inc. in connection with its £412.6 million recommended cash offer for Scapa Group plc.
- Sandstorm Gold Ltd on its £167 million recommended acquisition of Mariana Resources Limited.
- F&C Asset Management plc on its recommended £708 million cash acquisition by BMO Global Asset Management (Europe) Limited.
Publication | May 18, 2023
Publication | June 13, 2022
Publication | January 14, 2022