Norton Rose Fulbright LLP
Related services and key industries
Christopher McCarthy is a corporate lawyer based in London. He focuses on all aspects of corporate law, including public and private company mergers & acquisitions, flotations and secondary equity fundraisings for listed companies.
Christopher joined the practice in October 2009 and, since then, has spent four months on secondment to our Hong Kong office and six months on secondment to Rothschild, where he was involved in advising on a number of high profile public company M&A and ECM transactions.
- Solicitor, qualified in England & Wales
- Acting for Rothschild in connection with certain aspects of its role as independent financial adviser to Asia Resource Minerals plc on its recommended £134.9 million cash acquisition by Asia Coal Energy Ventures Limited.
- Acting for Orange SA on the sale of EE Limited, the UK mobile telephone operator currently jointly owned by Orange and Deutsche Telekom, to BT Group plc for £12.5 billion.
- Acting for F&C Asset Management plc on its recommended £708 million cash acquisition by BMO Global Asset Management (Europe) Limited (BMO Europe), a wholly–owned subsidiary of the Bank of Montreal, implemented by way of scheme of arrangement.
- Acting for Desire Petroleum plc in connection with its £61 million recommended combination with Falkland Oil & Gas Limited, implemented by scheme of arrangement.
- Acting for Barrick Gold on the proposed disposal of its 75 per cent holding in African Barrick Gold.
- Acting for Barrick Gold on the disposal of its stake in Highland Gold Mining.
- Acting for Allied Gold Mining PLC in connection with its £360 million recommended acquisition by St Barbara Mining Limited, implemented by way of scheme of arrangement.
- Acting for Müller Dairy UK Limited on its £279.5 million public takeover offer for Robert Wiseman Dairies PLC.
- Acting for Chaucer Holdings PLC, the specialist insurance group, on its takeover by way of scheme of arrangement by the Hanover Insurance Group, Inc..
- Acting for Avesco Group plc on its £30.6 million return of value by to shareholders by way of B / C scheme.
- Acting for AIM-listed Aureus Mining Inc. on the UK aspects of its US$80 million equity financing effected by way of a short form prospectus offering conducted in Canada and simultaneous private placement in the UK.
- Acting for Panmure Gordon (UK) Limited in its role as sole broker and nominated adviser on the £21 million AIM IPO of Snoozebox Holdings plc.
- Acting for Allied Gold Limited on its re-domiciliation to the UK and the listing of Allied Gold Mining PLC on the Premium Segment Main Market of the London Stock Exchange, the ASX and the TSX.
- Acting for Liberum Capital Limited in connection with its role as sole bookrunner, nominated adviser and financial adviser on the £437 million AIM IPO of Zanaga Iron Ore Company Limited.
- Acting for Anglo & Overseas Plc, the UK-based investment trust, in connection with its voluntary winding-up and reconstruction.