Norton Rose Fulbright LLP
Related services and key industries
Simon Goodall is a dispute resolution and litigation lawyer based in London. He focuses on international arbitration and litigation, with a particular emphasis on energy, construction and international trade.
Simon has been involved in numerous international and domestic arbitration matters, including ICC, LCIA, DIFC-LCIA, DIAC, SCC, LMAA and UNCITRAL arbitrations, and has assisted with several matters before the English Commercial Court and the DIFC Courts. Simon's experience includes representing a European energy company in an UNCITRAL arbitration arising from a joint operating agreement for the exploration and production of natural gas and condensate; representing a UAE master developer in various DIAC arbitrations against sub-developers, contractors and end-users; representing a US developer of a Rwandan gas production facility and electricity generation plant in an ICC arbitration; Representing a multinational electric utility company in a DIFC-LCIA arbitration in relation to purported delays in the construction of a power project in Pakistan; and assisting UAE and Mauritian companies with the enforcement of an ICC Award in various jurisdictions.
Simon has a Master of Laws degree with distinction and is a qualified Solicitor Advocate, with experience of conducting advocacy at arbitration hearings.
- Solicitor, qualified in England & Wales
- Proposed amendments to Dubai International Arbitration Centre (DIAC) Rules, May 2018
- UAE set to implement new arbitration law, May 2018
- The draft withdrawal treaty – a focus on dispute settlement, 8 March 2018
- The growth of arbitration centres in Africa, 9 November 2017
- Brexit and investor-state dispute settlement, June 2017
- CJEU rules on EU's proposed free trade agreement with Singapore, May 2017
- What impact could Brexit have on protections available to foreign direct investors?, 25 April 2017
- Why Brexit is unlikely to have any impact on London's status as a popular seat of arbitration, 19 April 2017
- The Istanbul Arbitration Centre and the ISTAC Rules, September 2016
- How will Brexit impact arbitration in England and Wales?, September 2016
- Enforcing foreign judgments in the UAE: An update in light of DNB Bank ASA v Gulf Eyadah Corporation, March 2016
- Piercing the corporate veil: An update in light of VTB v Nutritek, July 2012
- Investor-state arbitration and the EU, March 2011
Publication | May 2018
Publication | June 2017
Publication | May 2017
Publication | September 2016