Norton Rose Fulbright LLP
Georgina joined our practice in September 2013. She has since worked on a broad spectrum of aviation financing and leasing transactions, involving: export credit financing; cross-border structured financing; all aspects of operating and financial leases; and the sale and leaseback of aircraft.
Georgina has also worked on a wide range of rail asset finance transactions which have included advising, amongst others: government bodies; manufacturers; rolling stock operating companies; financiers; and owning groups on rolling stock procurement and financing, leasing arrangements and franchise bids.
- easyJet Airline Company Limited – assisted with; the sale and leaseback of numerous Airbus A319 aircraft to leading Irish operating lessors; various leasing arrangements with different lessor entities across easyJet's fleet; and numerous lease novations and lease extensions
- InterGlobe Aviation Limited – advised on the Export Credit Agency financing of ten Airbus A320 aircraft and various other leasing arrangements with different lessor entities
- Scandinavian Airline Systems – supported on a pre-delivery payment financing facility and various Japanese Operating Leases with Call Option (JOLCO) and other sale and leaseback transactions involving a number of major lessors
- Intrepid Aviation – assisted with the sale of three aircraft from its fleet, a number of debt financings and other matters relating to its fleet
- European ECAs – advised on the financing of a number of A320 aircraft and a Boeing 787-9 for different operating lessors and on the on-going financing and prepayments of a large number of Airbus aircraft for another major operating lessor
- Dart Group Plc – advised on financing its Boeing 737-800 fleet and Jet2.com Ltd with various aircraft and engine transactions
- The Department for Transport – supported on the Intercity East Coast franchise competition, including drafting the franchise agreement
- Hitachi Rail Europe Limited – advised on its bid for the supply of trains to a number of franchises
- Stadler Rail – supported its successful bid for the supply of new trains to Merseytravel. Stadler agreed to replace the existing fleet with a new fleet of 52 trainsets which will come into service by the end of 2020 in Liverpool, UK
- Stadler Rail – advised on its bid for the supply of new trains to Stagecoach in connection with the South West Trains franchise
- Commonwealth Bank of Australia – assisted with a £900m rolling stock financing in partnership with Angel Trains. The financing, part of one of the largest-ever privately-procured train orders in the UK, will be used to finance a new fleet of 665 Bombardier Aventra trains for Abellio's new East Anglia franchise
- ING Bank as Agent, together with a syndicate of seven lenders – advised on a €600m multicurrency secured asset financing of a fleet of approximately 1,000 rolling stock assets
- Bombardier Transportation – assisted with its proposed combination with another major rolling stock manufacturer and on general customer relationship matters
- The Go-Ahead Group Plc – advised on loan facilities with the Bank of Tokyo, Mitsubishi UFJ Limited and Santander.