Norton Rose Fulbright LLP
Related services and key industries
Jared is an energy projects lawyer based in London. He has broad experience of project development and operational matters in the energy and resources sectors, with a particular focus on power generation and mining, advising sponsors, lenders and contractors in numerous jurisdictions.
- Barrister and Solicitor, qualified in Australia
- Barrister and Solicitor, qualified in New Zealand
- Solicitor, qualified in England & Wales
- Advising EDF in relation to its bid to develop and finance a 2,400MW and 130MIGD power and seawater desalination facility in the State of Qatar.
- Advising ACWA Power in relation to the development of a 160MW concentrated solar facility in the Kingdom of Morocco.
- Advising JBIC, KoFC and the commercial lenders supporting EDF and Mitsubishi’s bid for a 1,600MW and 51.5MIGD power and seawater desalination facility in Abu Dhabi, UAE.
- Advising the commercial lenders to Marubeni, JGC and Aljomaih Holding’s successful bid to develop and finance three gas-fired cogeneration power plants in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia.
- Advising a confidential sponsor in relation to the conversion from simple-cycle to combined-cycle of two gas-fired power plants in Ras Al Khaimah, UAE.
- Advising a confidential sponsor in relation to the development and financing of a 1000 MW gas-fired power plant in the Kurdistan Region of Iraq.
- Advising BHP Billiton in relation to the development of a 100MW coal and biomass-fired cogeneration power plant at the Worsley alumina refinery in Western Australia.
- Advising Contact Energy on the development of a 600MW onshore wind farm and associated 220kV electricity transmission cable in New Zealand.
- Advising Contact Energy in relation to the relocation of existing geothermal pipelines and construction of new geothermal pipelines required as part of a highway redevelopment project.
- Advising Contact Energy in relation to the redevelopment of a 220kV substation owned and operated by New Zealand’s national electricity network operator.
- Advising BHP Billiton in relation to joint venture arrangements and gas, coal, limestone and electricity supply arrangements for a bauxite mine and alumina refinery in Western Australia.
- Advising a confidential Australian company on its potential acquisition of a zinc, lead and silver mine in Yemen.
- Advising BHP Billiton's iron ore and aluminium divisions in relation to the drafting and negotiation of their standard supply contracts for mining operations in Western Australia.
- Advising Karara Mining in relation to the development of a series of model supply contracts for operations at its iron ore project in Western Australia.
- Advising a Nigerian conglomerate in relation to the development of a multipurpose cargo terminal at Apapa Port in Lagos, Nigeria.
- Advising Umm Al Qura for Development and Construction Company in relation to the US $2 billion King Abdul Aziz Road project at Mecca in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia and its interface with Mecca Metro.