Norton Rose Fulbright Canada LLP
Related services and key industries
Renée Loiselle practises corporate and securities law, with particular emphasis on corporate finance (including both private placements and public financings) and public mergers and acquisitions. She also regularly advises a number of Canadian public companies on continuous disclosure obligations, corporate governance issues and other ongoing securities law questions.
Ms. Loiselle is a member of the securities and M&A committee of the Canadian Bar Association, Quebec branch. She also serves as a member of our Montreal students' committee.
LL.B., Université de Montréal, 2012
Bachelor of Business Finance, Université IFM, 2007
- Quebec 2013
Clients for whom Ms. Loiselle has acted recently include:
- SNC-Lavalin Group Inc. in connection with its $880 million public offering of subscription receipts and $400 million private placement of subscription receipts to the Caisse de dépôt et placement du Québec to finance its acquisition of WS Atkins plc
- Metro Inc. in connection with multiple private placements of senior unsecured notes
- Laurentian Bank of Canada in connection with public offerings of subscription receipts, non-cumulative class A preferred shares (non-viability contingent capital), common shares and notes (non-viability contingent capital)
- Industrial Alliance Insurance and Financial Services Inc. in connection with multiple public offerings of fixed/floating subordinated debentures
- TVA Group Inc. in connection with its rights offering for aggregate gross proceeds of $110 million
- Stornoway Diamond Corporation in its $946 million comprehensive financing transaction with US private equity firm Orion Mine Finance, Investissement Québec, and the Caisse de dépôt et placement du Québec to fund the construction of the Renard Diamond Project, Quebec's first diamond mine
Mergers & Acquisitions
- Metro Inc. in connection with its acquisition by way of a combination agreement pursuant to which Metro acquired all of the outstanding class A subordinate shares and class B shares of The Jean Coutu Group (PJC) Inc. for $24.50 per share, representing a total consideration of approximately $4.5 billion
- Canam Group Inc., for the special committee of the board of directors in connection with the acquisition of Canam Group Inc. by a consortium including members of the founding Dutil family and American Industrial Partners by way of a plan of arrangement under the Business Corporations Act (Québec)
- Laurentian Bank of Canada in connection with the acquisition of the Canadian equipment financing and corporate financing activities of CIT Group Inc.
- RONA inc. in connection with the acquisition of RONA inc. by Lowe's Companies Inc. by way of a plan of arrangement under the Business Corporations Act (Québec)
- International Financial Law Review 1000, Canada: Capital Markets: debt & equity; M&A (Rising Star), 2019
- Canadian Bar Association
- Young Bar Association of Montreal