Partner, Canadian Co-Head of Mergers and Acquisitions
Norton Rose Fulbright Canada LLP
Related services and key industries
Troy Ungerman's practice focuses on domestic, international and cross-border private mergers, acquisitions, divestitures, post-merger integration, strategic alliances and corporate reorganizations. Troy provides transactional as well as corporate and commercial advice to domestic and foreign clients of all sizes, from start-ups to family-run businesses to multinational corporations, in a wide array of industries, including the aviation, technology, retail, infrastructure, manufacturing, financial services, telecommunications, and healthcare industries.
Troy also leads our Canadian transactional representation and warranty insurance practice in which he routinely advises insurers in the underwriting of representation and warranty insurance policies.
Troy is Norton Rose Fulbright Canada's chief diversity and inclusion officer, the co-chair of the firm's Canadian private mergers and acquisitions team, the founder of the firm's Canadian Pride Network, and an elected member of the firm's Canadian partnership committee.
In addition to being a member of the Law Society of Ontario and the Canadian Bar Association, Troy is a member of the American Bar Association and repeat team leader in connection with the ABA's Canadian Private M&A Deal Points Study.
- Ontario 2000
Clients for whom Troy has recently acted include:
- Porter Aviation Holdings Inc. and its affiliates in connection with the entering into of an airport terminal development and operations program with Développement de l'Aéroport Saint-Hubert de Longueuil (DASHL) for the construction, operation and maintenance of a new commercial air passenger terminal at Aéroport de Montréal Saint-Hubert Longueuil
- Porter Aviation Holdings Inc. and its affiliates in connection with its partnership with Macquarie Asset Management to support the development of new commercial air passenger terminal at Aéroport de Montréal Saint-Hubert Longueuil
- Le Club Piscine Plus Québec C.P.P.Q. Inc., Pioneer Distribution Inc. and Pool Supplies Canada Inc. in the sale of all of their issued and outstanding shares to Fulcrum Capital Partners
- Accenture in connection with its global acquisition of N3, a business-to-business sales firm that combines specialized talent with artificial intelligence and machine learning capabilities to enable smarter, more efficient sales interactions
- Accenture in connection with its global acquisition of CreativeDrive, a global, tech-driven content production company that simplifies, automates and scales the creative asset production process
- Accenture in connection with its acquisition of the Symantec Cyber Security Services business from Broadcom Inc.
- Canadian Tire Corporation, Limited in its acquisition of Helly Hansen, a leading global brand in sportswear and workwear based in Oslo, Norway
- Porter Aviation Holdings Inc. and City Centre Terminal Corp. in the sale of the passenger terminal at Billy Bishop Toronto City Airport to Nieuport Aviation Infrastructure GP, a consortium of Canadian and international infrastructure equity investors
- The owners of Jamieson Laboratories Ltd. in connection with the divestiture of Jamieson to affiliates of US private equity fund CCMP Capital Advisors, LLC
- Nortel Networks Corporation and Nortel Networks Limited in connection with Nortel's divestitures after it entered protection pursuant to the Companies' Creditors Arrangement Act
- Best Lawyers in Canada: Corporate Law, 2024
- The Legal 500 Canada: Corporate and M&A (Leading Invidivuals), 2023-2024
- International Financial Law Review 1000, Canada: Mergers and acquisitions, 2021-2023
- Canadian Legal Lexpert Directory, 2020-2023: recommended in Corporate Mid-Market, Mergers & Acquisitions; 2022: recommended in Technology Transactions; 2023: recommended in Corporate Commercial Law
- Profiled as a leading lawyer in Lexpert Special Edition: Technology and Health Sciences, 2023
- Thomson Reuters Stand-out Lawyers, 2022
- Acritas Stars (2019-2021) – Designated as an "Independently rated lawyer"
- Profiled as a leading lawyer in the Lexpert Special Edition: Finance and M&A, 2021
- Profiled as a leading lawyer in Lexpert Special Edition: Technology, 2020 and 2021
- “The Role of Stalking Horse Bids in Canadian M&A,” Insight - Advanced Mergers and Acquisitions, Toronto, May 2011.
- Mr. Ungerman is a regular speaker at the M&A Boot Camp offered by Osgoode Professional Development.
- Canadian Bar Association
- Law Society of Upper Canada
- American Bar Association
Virtual conference | November 09, 2021
Webinar | June 22, 2021
Publication | February 05, 2021