Norton Rose Fulbright Canada LLP
Related services and key industries
Heidi Reinhart’s practice covers all aspects of securities and corporate law, with an emphasis on public and private mergers and acquisitions, corporate finance and providing corporate governance and securities regulatory advice. Ms. Reinhart is a member of our special situations team, which focuses on shareholder activist and defence mandates and complex M&A and reorganization transactions.
Ms. Reinhart has represented both purchasers and vendors (public and private corporations) in a number of friendly and hostile M&A transactions, including plans of arrangement, takeover bids and statutory restructurings. Ms. Reinhart has also represented both public companies and underwriters in connection with public offerings, including initial public offerings, and has acted on behalf of issuers and investors in numerous private placement financings.
Ms. Reinhart has been named a "Leading Lawyer to Watch - Corporate Finance & Securities" in The Canadian Legal Lexpert Directory. She is a member of the Toronto Stock Exchange Listing Advisory Committee and the Ontario Business Law Modernization and Burden Reduction Council.
Ms. Reinhart acts as co-chair of the Toronto Students' Committee.
Ms. Reinhart worked at our Toronto office as a summer student in 2004 and articled with us in 2006. She was awarded the Board of Governors’ Medal in Law upon graduation from the University of Windsor's faculty of law.
J.D., University of Detroit Mercy School of Law, 2005
LL.B., University of Windsor, 2005
B.Sc. (Hons.), University of Toronto, 2002
- Ontario 2006
Clients for whom Ms. Reinhart has acted include:
- Royal Bank of Canada with domestic public offerings of preferred shares and debt raising the equivalent of over C$4.6 billion, including its inaugural C$200 million domestic offering of Basel‑III compliant non‑cumulative, 5‑year rate reset preferred shares series AZ, and with international public offerings of debt, including its inaugural US$1.5 billion offering of Basel‑III compliant subordinated notes in the US and a C$1 billion offering of Samurai bonds in Japan
- Shareholder activism mandates - Counsel in over 25 proxy battles, including: Counsel to Agrium Inc. in its successful high-profile defence opposite JANA Partners LLC; Counsel to Westface Capital re: Maple Leaf Foods; Counsel to Mundoro Capital Inc. re: Northern Minerals Investment Corp., which established the Advance Notice Policy in Canada; Counsel to FrontFour Capital Group LLC and Sandpiper Group re: Granite Real Estate Investment Trust; Counsel to the dissidents re: Polar Star Mining
- Porter Aviation Holdings Inc. in connection with its proposed IPO
- Itafos (formerly MBAC Fertilizer Corp.) in its recapitalization transaction pursuant to a plan of compromise and arrangement and subsequent acquisitions of Stonegate Agricom Ltd. and GB Minerals Ltd.
- Jaguar Mining Inc. in its US$320 million recapitalization and financing transaction pursuant to a plan of compromise and arrangement
- Nortel Networks Corporation and Nortel Networks Limited in connection with Nortel's divestitures after it entered protection pursuant to the Companies' Creditors Arrangement Act
- Dundee Corporation with the spin‑off of DREAM Unlimited Corp. through a plan of arrangement
- Breakwater Resources Ltd. in its friendly $663 million takeover by Nyrstr NV
- Chieftain Metals Inc. in connection with its IPO and listing on the TSX
- A syndicate of underwriters in the going-public transaction and subsequent financing of Concordia Healthcare Corp.
- Board of Governors’ Medal in Law, University of Windsor
- Noted as a Lawyer to Watch by Canadian Legal Lexpert Directory in Business Law
- Awarded the Dual JD Distinguished Alumni Award (2020) from Detroit Mercy Law and Windsor Law
- Canadian Bar Association
- Law Society of Upper Canada
- Ontario Bar Association
Climate-related reporting standards including the TCFD framework and their impact on the aviation industry
Publication | October 25, 2021
Publication | March 24, 2021
Publication | March 2021
Publication | April 25, 2019