Norton Rose Fulbright Canada LLP
Related services and key industries
Maude Grenier advises businesses under provincial and federal jurisdiction on employment law and labour relations matters. An outstanding litigator, she also represents them before various administrative tribunals and civil courts, particularly in matters pertaining to interpreting and applying collective agreements, dispute resolution by arbitration, dismissals, harassment, rights and freedoms, protecting personal information, and occupational health and safety. She also represents employers in their negotiations for renewal of collective agreements.
Ms. Grenier also assists a wide array of employers with routine management of their employment and labour relations, including the use of disciplinary and administrative measures, dismissals, drafting various policies (such as workplace harassment and absenteeism policies), rights and freedoms, protecting personal information, and occupational health and safety matters.
She is regularly invited to speak to various employer associations and groups on a range of topics, including diversity management, reasonable accommodation, the use of drugs and alcohol in the workplace and psychological harassment.
Before joining our Montréal office, Maude Grenier clerked for six months with a judge of the Quebec Court of Appeal.
Ms. Grenier is a member of the Norton Rose Fulbright Women's Network at the Montreal office and sits on various committees of other organizations, including the labour relations committee of the Conseil du patronat du Québec (Quebec council of employers), the Quebec Bar's Liaison Committee with the Conférence des arbitres du Québec and the Canadian Bar Association's Labour Relations Committee.
LL.B., Université de Sherbrooke, 2006
- Quebec 2007
- Best Lawyers in Canada: Labour and employment law, 2021-2024
- Dean’s Prize and Quebec Bar Prize
- Ogilvy Renault Prize
- Maurice Delorme Prize
- Scholarship, University of Sherbrooke foundation
- Thomson Reuters Stand-out Lawyers, 2022-2023
- Canadian Legal Lexpert Directory, 2021-2023: recommended in Workers' Compensation (Employer); 2023: recommended in Employment Law (Employer); 2023: recommended in Labour Relations (Management); 2023: recommended in Workplace Human Rights (Employer)
- Lawyers to Watch in the Canadian Legal Lexpert Directory 2021
- Acritas Stars 2021 – Designated as an "Independently rated lawyer"
- "La décision récente portant sur la non-concurrence en droit de l'emploi : quelles sont les leçons à tirer?" développements récents en droit de la non-concurrence, Service de la formation continue du Barreau du Québec, vol. 313.
- "Quebec: how employees want to be accommodated sometimes takes a backseat to management prerogatives," Norton Rose Fulbright.
- "Work-life balance: Quebec employers under no obligation to modify employees' regular work hours," Norton Rose Fulbright.
- "Quebec Court of Appeal reverses majority trend of the Commission des lésions professionnelles: the duty to accommodate applies to employment injuries," Norton Rose Fulbright.
- "Duplication of proceedings in a psychological harassment case receives Quebec Court of Appeal's seal of approval," Norton Rose Fulbright.
- "Recordkeeping for employers that use placement agency personnel will be more burdensome," Norton Rose Fulbright.
- "Quebec Court of Appeal: resigning employees are not prevented by the duty of loyalty from competing with former employers, even when they have violated that duty," Norton Rose Fulbright, 2016.
- "Commentaire sur la décision Québec (Procureure générale) c. Alliance du personnel professionnel et technique de la santé et des services sociaux – Quand les dispositions d'une loi antidiscrimination sont discriminatoires," Éditions Yvon Blais.
- "Commentaire sur la décision Québec (Procureure générale) c. Association des juristes de l'État – Générosité discriminatoire ou quand les absents ont raison!" Éditions Yvon Blais.
- "Commentaires sur la décision de la Commission de la santé et de la sécurité du travail c. 9090-5092 Québec inc." Éditions Yvon Blais.
- Alcohol and drugs in the workplace
- The duty to accommodate in the workplace
- Practical tips for managing discipline
- The most important cases in labour law in 2017
- The use of big data in employment
- The impact of cannabis legalization on the workplace
- Sexual and gender diversity: challenges and impact on the workplace
- Social media in the workplace
- Imagine... tomorrow's competition and loyalty challenges
- Psychological harassment in the workplace
- Canadian Bar Association
- Ordre des conseillers en ressources humaines agréés du Québec