Daniel Ryan McDonald
Norton Rose Fulbright Canada LLP
Daniel Ryan McDonaldvCard
Related services and key industries
Daniel McDonald assists employers with labour, employment and human rights litigation at the provincial and federal levels. He regularly appears before the provincial and federal labour relations boards as well as the courts. Mr. McDonald also regularly represents employers in the context of occupational health and safety compliance and defence work. In addition to litigation, Mr. McDonald also carries on an active human resource advisory practice delivering timely and proactive business support.
LL.B., University of Windsor, 2005
M.I.R., Queen's University, 2002
B.A. (Hons.), McMaster University, 2001
- Ontario 2006
- Huntley v Hydro One Networks Inc,  OHRTD No 345
- Firestone Textiles Co and UFCW, Local 175 (Karn),  247 LAC (4th) 43
- Firestone Textiles Co. and UFCW, Local 175 (Ross), Re,  OLAA No 457
- USW v Plastipak Industries Inc,  220 LAC (4th) 310
- Independent Electricity Market Operator v. CUSW,  110 OR (3d) 561
- Ontario Public Service Employees Union v Ontario (Liquor Control Board of Ontario) (Grievance),  211 LAC (4th) 197
- Kailani v Securitas Canada,  OHRTD No 1152
Thomson Reuters Stand-out Lawyers, 2022
- "Advising Business Clients on Major Employment Law Changes," 8th Annual Business Law Summit, Toronto, May 2018.
- “Discipline, Discharge or Layoff at the Insistence of a Third Party,” 7th Biennial Construction Labour Relations Conference, Toronto, November, 2017.
- “The New Tricks and Traps of Human Rights Investigations,” Association of Corporate Counsel Ontario chapter, Toronto, June 2013.
- “The Practitioner’s Charter Tool Kit: Bringing Charter Challenges Before Labour Boards,” Lancaster House and the University of Toronto, Centre for Industrial Relations and Human Resources, Toronto, October 2011.
- “Scale Options: Factors to be Considered,” Electricity Distributors Association Forum, Toronto, October 2011.
- Canadian Bar Association
- Law Society of Upper Canada
Simple sacrifice: Arbitrator rejects anti-masker’s claim to religious exemption from employer safety rule
Publication | January 11, 2022
Publication | August 28, 2019