Daniel R. McDonald
Norton Rose Fulbright Canada LLP
Daniel R. McDonaldvCard
Related services and key industries
Daniel McDonald practises in all areas of contentious and non-contentious employment and labour law, human rights, as well as health and safety matters. Mr. McDonald regularly acts as employer counsel in grievance arbitrations and human rights applications, wrongful dismissal litigation and proceedings before the Canada Industrial Relations Board and Ontario Labour Relations Board.
He has authored, co-authored and presented several papers relating to arbitration trends, the rights of organized labour and human rights litigation.
LL.B., University of Windsor, 2005
M.I.R., Queen's University, 2002
B.A. (Hons.), McMaster University, 2001
- Ontario 2006
- Huntley v Hydro One Networks Inc,  OHRTD No 345
- Firestone Textiles Co and UFCW, Local 175 (Karn),  247 LAC (4th) 43
- Firestone Textiles Co. and UFCW, Local 175 (Ross), Re,  OLAA No 457
- USW v Plastipak Industries Inc,  220 LAC (4th) 310
- Independent Electricity Market Operator v. CUSW,  110 OR (3d) 561
- Ontario Public Service Employees Union v Ontario (Liquor Control Board of Ontario) (Grievance),  211 LAC (4th) 197
- Kailani v Securitas Canada,  OHRTD No 1152
- "Advising Business Clients on Major Employment Law Changes," 8th Annual Business Law Summit, Toronto, May 2018.
- “Discipline, Discharge or Layoff at the Insistence of a Third Party,” 7th Biennial Construction Labour Relations Conference, Toronto, November, 2017.
- “The New Tricks and Traps of Human Rights Investigations,” Association of Corporate Counsel Ontario chapter, Toronto, June 2013.
- “The Practitioner’s Charter Tool Kit: Bringing Charter Challenges Before Labour Boards,” Lancaster House and the University of Toronto, Centre for Industrial Relations and Human Resources, Toronto, October 2011.
- “Scale Options: Factors to be Considered,” Electricity Distributors Association Forum, Toronto, October 2011.
- Canadian Bar Association
- Law Society of Upper Canada