Norton Rose Fulbright Canada LLP
Related services and key industries
- Corporate, M&A and securities
- Debt capital markets
- Private equity and venture capital
- Oil and gas
Jennifer Kennedy's practice focuses on corporate, commercial and securities law matters, with a focus on public and private financings, including cross-border financings, mergers & acquisitions, corporate restructurings and related-party transactions.
Jennifer has acted for issuers, selling shareholders, independent committees of boards of directors, investment dealers and private equity investors in a variety of debt and equity capital market transactions, including project financings. She regularly advises on corporate governance requirements, continuous disclosure obligations, stock exchange matters and general corporate matters. Jennifer acts as corporate secretary as well as a director for several companies and served as a member of our national management committee for nine years and our global executive committee for seven years.
- Alberta 1993
- A syndicate of lenders for the existing C$8.43 billion financing of Coastal GasLink Pipeline LP
- A syndicate of lenders for the multi-billion dollar project-level financing of the Keystone XL Pipeline Project by TC Energy Corporation
- RBC Capital Markets on the issuance by Northern Courier Pipeline Limited Partnership of C$1 billion of 3.365% first lien senior secured notes relating to the sale by TC Energy Corporation of an equity interest in the Northern Courier pipeline to Alberta Investment Management Corporation
- RBC Capital Markets in connection with the C$545 million bond financing of First Nations ETF Limited Partnership's acquisition of a 49% interest in a newly formed limited partnership that acquired Suncor Energy Inc.'s East Tank Farm Development
- Vermilion Energy Inc. in connection with its issuance of US $400 million 6.875% Senior Notes due 2030
- BP Technology Ventures Inc. and BDC Capital Inc. in connection with their strategic investment in Eavor Technologies Inc.
- Deltastream Energy Corporation, a portfolio company of ARC Financial, on its sale to Tamarack Valley Energy Ltd. for $1.425 billion
- Deltastream Energy Corporation in connection with its $265.3 million sale of a gross overriding royalty to Topaz Energy Corp.
- A private-equity backed private corporation in connection with $2.3 billion sale to another private corporation pursuant to a plan of arrangement
- Tervita Corporation in connection with its C$2.3 billion merger with SECURE Energy Services, including a consent solicitation in respect of Tervita's outstanding senior notes
- Best Lawyers in Canada: Corporate Law , Securities Law, 2006-2024; Megers and Acquisitions Law, 2024
- Canadian Legal Lexpert Directory, 2013, 2021-2023: recommended in Corporate Mid-Market; 2018-2023: recommended in Corporate Finance & Securities; 2021-2023: recommended in Corporate Commercial Law; 2022,2023: recommended in Mergers & Acquisitions; 2023: recommended in Energy (Oil & Gas); 2023: recommended in Private Equity
- BTI Client Service All Star
- Lexpert’s “Top 40 Under 40” Lawyers in Canada, 2004
- University of Alberta Dean’s List, 1990, 1991, 1992
- Cruickshank, Karvellas, Layton & Connauton Award in Taxation, 1992
- Alberta Civil Trial Lawyers’ Association Award in Client Counselling Competition, 1991
- The University of Calgary Dean’s List, 1988 and 1989
- “Securities Considerations in the Context of Private Placements to Qualified Institutional Buyers and Accredited Investors in the United States.”
- Canadian Bar Association
- Securities subsection
- Law Society of Alberta