Norton Rose Fulbright Canada LLP
Related services and key industries
- Alternative dispute resolution (ADR)
- Litigation and disputes
- Regulation and investigations
- Power and utilities
- Indigenous law
Lara Mason’s practice encompasses a wide range of commercial litigation matters, including commercial disputes, transnational and cross-border disputes, professional liability matters, insurance coverage disputes and class actions. Ms. Mason has appeared at all levels of court in Alberta, before the Supreme Court of Canada, and before the Alberta Utilities Commission. She has also participated in a variety of alternative dispute resolution processes.
Ms. Mason joined our Calgary office as an articling student, after completing a 10-month articling term with the Court of Queen’s Bench of Alberta in Calgary. She graduated from law school in 2006 and was the recipient of the William A. McGillivray Gold Medal in Law.
LL.B., University of Calgary, 2006
B.Comm., University of Calgary, 2003
- Alberta 2007
- The Legal 500 Canada: Insurance (Next Generation Partner), 2020-2022
- The Legal 500 Canada: Dispute Resolution: Alberta (Next Generation Partner), 2022
- Canadian Legal Lexpert Directory, 2021: Leading Lawyer to Watch in Litigation - Corporate Commercial; 2020
- Lexpert Rising Star: Leading Lawyer Under 40
- Profiled as a leading lawyer in the Lexpert Special Edition: Energy, 2021
- William A. McGillivray Gold Medal in Law, 2006
- Canada Law Book Prize, 2006
- University of Calgary Faculty of Law Dean’s List, 2004-2006
- Carswell Prize, 2005
- Vallance Prize in Family Law, 2005
- Blake, Cassels & Graydon LLP Scholar Award, 2004 and 2005
- Faculty of Law Dean’s Prize, 2004
- Sheilah Martin Prize, 2004
- James G. Kidd Scholarship, 2004
- F. Richard Matthews, Q.C. Scholarship, 2003
- Louise McKinney Scholarship, 2003
- Silver Medal in Risk Management & Insurance, 2003
- “Commercial Insolvency Technical Update” (co-author), Canadian Association of Insolvency and Restructuring Professionals (CAIRP) Conference, May 2010.
- “The Dangers in the Use of Demonstrative Evidence in Canadian Civil Litigation” (co-author), published in T. Archibald and R. Echlin, Annual Review of Civil Litigation 2008 at 27, Thomson Carswell, 2008.
- “Canada - Claims Presentation and Resolution in Insolvency Proceedings” (co-author), INSOL International at 23, 2008.
- “Computer-Generated Evidence at Trial,” LESA Conference, Edmonton and Calgary, AB, June 2009.
- Canadian Bar Association
- Law Society of Alberta
Publication | June 4, 2021
Publication | January 22, 2021
Publication | October 14, 2020
Managing a corporation in a pandemic: How directors and officers can fulfill their duties and limit risk
Publication | March 30, 2020 - 12 PM ET