Norton Rose Fulbright Canada LLP
Related services and key industries
David Lemieux practises corporate financing and restructuring.
He regularly represents lending syndicates, borrowers and investors in the areas of project financing, public and private takeover bids, asset acquisitions, monetization, securitization, structured finance and debt restructuring, whether the financing is Canadian, cross-border or foreign. In this capacity, he organizes and leads teams of lawyers to close these transactions.
He is involved in negotiating, preparing and finalizing all aspects of these transactions, including corporate structuring, credit documentation, agreements between creditors, security documents and the restructuring of debt.
- LL.B., University of Ottawa, 1993
- LL.M., University of Cambridge, 1992
- LL.L., University of Ottawa, 1991
- Quebec 1993
Mr. Lemieux has acted for the following clients:
- National Bank of Canada and other senior lenders in the project financing of McInnis Cement Inc., a project valued at $1.1 billion
- Air Canada in its acquisition of seven Boeing 787 (Dreamliner) aircraft
- National Bank of Canada, Bank of Montreal and other senior lenders in the acquisition financing made available to Cominar Real Estate Investment Trust in connection with the acquisition of a portfolio of real estate properties valued at $1.53 billion
- DNB Bank and other senior lenders in the $750 million financing of a private aquaculture company
- Bank of Montreal and other senior lenders in the $800 million financing of Gaz Métro Inc. (now Energir)
- HSBC Bank Canada and other senior lenders in the US$125 million financing of 5N Plus Inc.
- National Bank of Canada and other senior lenders in the $650 million financing of Cogeco Cable Inc. to finance the public take‑over of Peer 1 Network Enterprises, Inc.
- Bank of Montreal and other senior lenders in the $200 million financing of Valener Inc.
- Investors in several private placements of senior secured notes of Gaz Métro Inc.
- Lending syndicate in the $950 million financing of RONA
- Who's Who Legal: Canada - Banking 2014-2020
- Canadian Legal Lexpert Directory, 2017-2022: recommended in Banking & Financial Institutions; Project Finance
- Chambers Canada, Nationwide: Banking and Finance, Chambers and Partners, 2020-2022
- International Financial Law Review 1000, Canada: Finacial restructuring, 2019-2022
- Best Lawyers in Canada: Banking and finance "Lawyer of the year", 2020
- Best Lawyers in Canada: Banking and finance law, 2018-2022
- Best Lawyers in Canada: Insolvency and Financial Restructuring Law, 2022
- Lexpert/American Lawyer Guide to the Leading 500 Lawyers in Canada, 2020-2022: most frequently recommended in the area of Banking & Financial Institutions
- “Funding renewable energy projects: specific challenges and tax aspects,” Conférence avancée sur l’accès au financement des entreprises, Montreal, September 21, 2011.
- “Sponsor Panel - Risk and Reward: How do Quebec projects compare with other PPP investments?” Quebec PPP & Infrastructure Finance Forum, Montreal, April 18, 2008.
- “Négociation des ententes de financement, de prêt et de crédit,” Montreal, May 22, 2007.
- Canadian Bar Association
- Bar of Montreal
February 24, 2022
12 Norton Rose Fulbright lawyers recognized in the 2022 Lexpert/American Lawyer Guide to the Leading 500 Lawyers in Canada
January 12, 2022
August 24, 2021