Related services and key industries
Key industry sectors
Eric is a counsel in the Austin office where his practice focuses primarily on the representation of health systems, hospitals, and other institutional health care providers in complex health care litigation in state and federal courts. Eric has litigated numerous commercial litigation matters involving allegations of medical malpractice, medical products liability, breach of contract, defamation, business disparagement, and lawsuits arising out of medical staff privileges disputes. During his time at Norton Rose Fulbright, Eric has assisted with nearly every phase of dispute resolution, including discovery, motion practice, mediation, and appellate proceedings. Eric has also gained significant experience with federal Multidistrict Litigation proceedings.
Previously, Eric worked in the labor and employment practice of an international law firm in Houston, where he also represented health systems and hospitals. He also served as a law clerk to the Honorable Louis A. Sherman and the Honorable Norman A. Thomas of the Fourth Judicial Circuit Court of Virginia.
JD, Washington and Lee University School of Law, 2010
BS, Urban and Regional Studies, Cornell University, 2007
While in law school, Eric served as university student body president and honor council chair.
Eric is admitted to practice law in the state of Texas.
- Texas State Bar
- Co-author, Annual Liability Update, Annual Texas Hospital Association Health Law Conference (2013-2015)
- Co-author, Operational Impact of Significant Cases, Annual University of Texas School of Law Health Law Conference (2014 - 2016)
- Co-author, "Sixth Circuit upholds FTC order in ProMedica case - Ohio hospital merger struck down as anticompetitive," Norton Rose Fulbright - Legal update, April 23, 2014
- Co-author, "Gelboim Does Little To Limit MDL Court Appeals Discretion," Law360 Expert Analysis, January 22, 2015
- State Bar of Texas
- Austin Young Lawyers Association
- President, Washington and Lee Alumni Association, Austin Chapter
- Hill Country Conservancy, Board of Directors