Norton Rose Fulbright South Africa Inc
Related services and key industries
Craig is a dispute resolution lawyer based in Durban and is also the regional head of the Durban office. Craig specialises in insurance and corporate and commercial litigation, and is head of the national insurance practice.
His insurance experience includes professional indemnity litigation, financial lines, product liability and recall and personal injury litigation. He has advised most major insurers and brokers in South Africa on coverage issues in relation to large losses. He regularly advises auditors, financial and insurance brokers and other professionals. Craig has also advised directors and creditors in several high profile liquidation matters.
He holds a BA LLB from the University of Natal. He was admitted as an attorney in 1986 and joined the practice in 1989. He is a member of the Law Societies of Kwazulu-Natal, Northern and Cape Provinces.
Craig is listed as a recommended dispute resolution lawyer in Legal500, 2015 and joint lawyer of the year for litigation 2015 by Best Lawyers.
- Attorney, qualified in South Africa 1986
- Advised Santam on coverage issues following a major fire at a document storage warehouse
- Advised Hollard and co insurers on coverage issues following a major fire at a warehouse facility in Kzn
- Advised the market in relation to a potential recovery action following a devastating fire that destroyed 75 homes in Cape St Francis
- Successfully settled a long running dispute between the liquidators of a company and the Department of Education which resulted in a recovery of R247 million for creditors.
Current, “Guidance Notes on Dispute Resolution”, co-author with Lindsay Black, Lexis Nexis
December, 2010, “Road Accident Amendment Act: The Constitutional Court Decides” FA News
January 2005, “Director’s liability and environmental law: “Can Directors afford to hide behind the smoke?”” Journal of Business Law, co-author with Tina Costas