Norton Rose Fulbright Canada LLP
Related services and key industries
- Antitrust and competition
- Business ethics and anti-corruption
- Litigation and disputes
- Regulation and investigations
- Sanctions and export controls
- WTO and international trade
Erika Woolgar is a competition law and regulatory lawyer based in our Toronto office.
Her competition and antitrust practice includes merger reviews in both Canada and the US, developing competition law training programs, and providing strategic advice to clients on civil and criminal matters, including mergers and acquisitions, abuse of dominance, and misleading advertising. She also regularly works with international clients to obtain approvals under the Investment Canada Act.
In addition to her transactional and advisory work, Erika has an active competition litigation practice, with a focus on defending companies involved in complex class action claims under the Competition Act and provincial consumer protection legislation.
Erika's regulatory and investigations practice involves conducting cross-border investigations into alleged statutory violations, and advising clients on a range of regulatory matters relating to anti-corruption and business integrity, economic sanctions, and trade remedies. With respect to trade remedies, Erika's work includes advising clients on antidumping duty investigations and expiry reviews before the Canadian International Trade Tribunal.
J.D., University of Toronto, 2017
B.A. (Hons.), Dalhousie University, 2013
- Ontario 2018
- Best Lawyers in Canada: Ones to Watch: Corporate and Commercial Litigation, 2024
- "Directing minds beware: Individual accountability is US DOJ's 'first priority' in prosecuting corporate crimes," Regulation Tomorrow, June 22, 2022.
- "Competitive Edge: US and Canada Antitrust enforcement in labour and employment practices," Norton Rose Fulbright, Webinar, June 29, 2023.
- Canadian Bar Association
- Ontario Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- Law Society of Ontario
Publication | June 20, 2023
Webinar | July 10, 2023
Webinar | June 29, 2023