Norton Rose Fulbright Canada LLP
Related services and key industries
Alexandra Persaud is an associate in our corporate, M&A and securities group, and is a member of our Canadian special situations team.
Ms. Persaud's practice covers all aspects of corporate and commercial law, with a particular focus on corporate finance (including both private placements and public financings), merger and acquisition transactions (including carve-out transactions) and securities matters. Ms. Persaud also regularly advises a number of Canadian public companies on continuous disclosure obligations and other ongoing securities law questions. Ms. Persaud's special situations experience includes advising issuers and shareholders in connection with shareholder disputes and activism, including proxy contests.
Ms. Persaud also serves as a member of our Montreal students' committee and is a member of the firm's Origins Network.
- Quebec 2018
Clients for whom Ms. Persaud has acted include:
- SNC-Lavalin Group Inc. in the sale of its oil and gas engineering and construction business to Kentech
- Natixis Investment Managers, both in connection with its strategic partnership with Fiera Capital Corporation in 2019, pursuant to which Natixis acquired an 11% stake (the shares) in Fiera Capital, entered into a long-term distribution agreement with Fiera Capital and sold Natixis' Canadian operations to Fiera Capital, as well as Natixis Investment Managers' sale of the shares to Fiera Capital and RBC Capital Markets in 2022
- CAE Inc. in its US$287 million cross-border public offering of common shares, which proceeds were used to partially finance its US$1.05 billion purchase of L3Harris Technologies' military training business
- CAE Inc. in its acquisition of Flight Simulation Company B.V.
- SNC-Lavalin Group Inc. in the issuance of C$300 million Series 6 Debentures and the repurchase of C$40 million Series 1 Debentures
- French television production companies Newen and TF1 in connection with Newen's acquisition of a majority interest in Reel One Entertainment, a Canadian scripted content producer-distributor, and subsequent minority stake acquisition of Reel One by A&E Television Networks
- Best Lawyers in Canada: Ones to Watch: Mergers and Acquisitions Law, Securities Law, 2024